Ximboliex

[QESTION] Game sever Limits Pko 2.4

10 часов назад, Ximboliex сказал:

Hi Guys,

I need  lines of GameServer.exe of skilleffect.txt and skillinfo.txt PKO 2.4

@V3ct0r

-Thanks for Support:morning1:

if you don't know how to use OllyDbg but you know how to use HEX editor. You can see addresses in GameServer.exe file from @Totoka's screenshots.

skillinfo.txt: 0x000e355d (0x004e355C - 0x00400000 + 1 ). 25816 is 60010 in decimal. Open your GameServer.exe in HEX editor and go to address 0x000e355d.

skillinfolim.png

skilleff.txt is similarly

• Like 5

Thank you very much! I have already edited my GameServer (SkillInfo, SkillEff and ItemInfo), just need to finish on Game (SkillInfo and SkillEff), need for ItemInfo. Does StoneInfo/MapInfo have limits?

EDIT: Already found my ItemInfo limit, it was 10,000 and changed it to 20,000. Thanks! :D

Edited by Angelix

53 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Thank you very much! I have already edited my GameServer (SkillInfo, SkillEff and ItemInfo), just need to finish on Game (SkillInfo and SkillEff), need for ItemInfo. Does StoneInfo/MapInfo have limits?

Dunno, I Will provide those offsets/references, but they have a different pattern, and also different allocator (2 function arguments instead of 3), can you check it ?

here game.exe:

Game.exe-StoneInfo-limit.png

game.exe-mapinfo-limit.png

• Like 2

Discord: andresc

59 minutes ago, Totoka said:

Dunno, I Will provide those offsets/references, but they have a different pattern, and also different allocator (2 function arguments instead of 3), can you check it ?

here game.exe:

Game.exe-StoneInfo-limit.png

game.exe-mapinfo-limit.png

Yes, for MapInfo that is correct, I was only able to raise up to 125 (7D), tried putting 150 (96) and Compiler(Game.exe) crashed. Will try testing for StoneInfo.

EDIT: Same goes for StoneInfo, anything higher than 125 (7D) will result in a crash I think, also tried placing 150 (96) and it crashed. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Angelix
  • Like 1

52 минуты назад, V1tor сказал:

Skilleff reacts weird to hexing. Let me know if you succeeded hexing it. @Angelix

Do you mean the problem when there is no effects for IDs > 199?

@Totoka you have found right address

0x0041DC55	push 64h                    ; nIDCnt
0x0041DC57	push 0                      ; nIDStart
0x0041DC59	mov ecx, eax                ; this
0x0041DC5B	call ??0CStoneSet@@QAE@HH@Z ; CStoneSet::CStoneSet(int, int)

to use IDs > 0x7D we should use long form of push (opcode = 0x68). So we have to go to code cave, because the long push takes more bytes

2 hours ago, V1tor said:

Skilleff reacts weird to hexing. Let me know if you succeeded hexing it. @Angelix

Well I was able to use hex and edit both GameServer and Game to new limits. I hexed GameServer and set ItemInfo/CharacterInfo to 20K and SkillEff/SkillInfo to 5K. Opened up each text file and placing a line with that number and it failed, but when using the limit minus one (ex: 19,999, or 5,999 for SkillEff and SkillInfo), no errors showed up. Same goes for Game when compiling using "table _bin". I have yet to actually go in-game and test if it actually works, so far it got through the compiler. 

1 hour ago, V3ct0r said:

Do you mean the problem when there is no effects for IDs > 199?

@Totoka you have found right address

0x0041DC55	push 64h                    ; nIDCnt
0x0041DC57	push 0                      ; nIDStart
0x0041DC59	mov ecx, eax                ; this
0x0041DC5B	call ??0CStoneSet@@QAE@HH@Z ; CStoneSet::CStoneSet(int, int)

to use IDs > 0x7D we should use long form of push (opcode = 0x68). So we have to go to code cave, because the long push takes more bytes

there is also one more thing that i think its very important, each character and monsters probably, also have an small copy of all those skills, I don't know if those copies also comes from that magic number, but I think no; hope yes.
If that's the case, this maybe can come up with an overflow, ( random crash probably ). this shall be checked

21 минуту назад, Totoka сказал:

there is also one more thing that i think its very important, each character and monsters probably, also have an small copy of all those skills, I don't know if those copies also comes from that magic number, but I think no; hope yes.
If that's the case, this maybe can come up with an overflow, ( random crash probably ). this shall be checked

I don't understand you sorry.

We can't use values more then 0x7D because they are become negative

15 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

I don't understand you sorry.

We can't use values more then 0x7D because they are become negative

I quote you answer without sense, sorry.

I think 0x7F, but nvm, i was adding some extra info about those limit's, by changing of these limits (skillinfo especially), an overflow can come up. not sure

On 8/22/2016 at 5:32 AM, V1tor said:

@Angelix , when I hexed my skilleff I had no errors, too. However, effects still didn't work;

@V3ct0r, exactly.

Around what number did you start getting errors? I'm kinda busy with university right now and haven't checked or modified my files since hexing the limits, when I have time, I'll give it a test and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Around what number did you start getting errors? I'm kinda busy with university right now and haven't checked or modified my files since hexing the limits, when I have time, I'll give it a test and see what happens.

Anything beyond current limit (which is 240 I believe).

So apparently I tried add a skill and effect beyond normal limits and when I try to add them in-game, it just says that skill doesn't exist. So is there any way to increase limit beyond that?

On 22/08/2016 at 7:38 AM, Totoka said:

Skillinfo under gameserver binary would be a very hard work to do, CCharacter structure should be changed, it means that any relative offset pointed to a character, also should be moved forward.

this increases the allocation limit( for global proposes ). it will allow the gameserver to handle these skills.
game.exe-skillinfo-limit.png

But for characters there is also an internal structure which holds the level and some other unique info.

Dunno if kop1 was like that, but looking at the source, could be a hard task.

Edited by Totoka

On 8/21/2016 at 2:10 AM, Totoka said:

skilleffect

skilleffec_limit.png

helo guys
i try find the right address but  OllyDbg  don't work with me and idk how go to this address  in hxd

i found this one for skilleffect  but which one is the right one  and i found the address skillinfo.txt from  @V3ct0r comment 

can u help me to find skilleffect  + iteminfo

+same for game.exe 2.4 (skilleffect  + iteminfo+skillinfo)
and thx :)

Untitled.png

CAN SOMEONE put the address in hxd?
(iteminfo/skilleffect)
or how to convert the address from ollydbg  to hxd?
cuz i can't save my editing in ollydbg

@V3ct0r
@Totoka
and thx

4 hours ago, mkhzaleh said:

CAN SOMEONE put the address in hxd?
(iteminfo/skilleffect)
or how to convert the address from ollydbg  to hxd?
cuz i can't save my editing in ollydbg

@V3ct0r
@Totoka
and thx

Usually it's -0x400000. If you have address 0x4D0420 in ollydbg that should be 0xD0420 in hex editor.

• Like 1