V3ct0r

Brazilian section

Question  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a Brazilian section?

Hello friends!

@Sea King and @DevMorgan asked me to make Brazilian section on our forum. What do you think about it? How many people from Brazil in our forum?

The brazilian section on serverdev was an wasteland. It's just like Yomazu said, most of them won't contribute to the community, so there's no point. 

And let's be honest, nowadays if you don't know basic english you're an illitarete. 

• Like 1

No.
Agree with @William, as even RU section shows low activity. Easier to use international

Делай добро и бросай его в воду

I think English section is enough, google translator is always there.

Perfect grammar in English isn't important as long as we understand what it means.

No. If you made a brazilian section they would just ask their questions there and most likely would not get any help since we english speaking people can't simply understand what they are saying.

Yes, you guys are right, but my purpose wasn't this.... i want to share my knowledge about security information and programming that i know, i want an section to share ideas and knowledge.
But thanks anyway!

Edited by Sea King

Hello friends! I think our community is not too big to split it into parts by language. English language is global language, let's communicate in English section.

• Like 1

Agreed. By opening a new portuguese section you are setting a precedent. Then people who speak spanish, french or any other language would want to have their own space in this forum.

1 час назад, Wilhelm сказал:

Agreed. By opening a new portuguese section you are setting a precedent. Then people who speak spanish, french or any other language would want to have their own space in this forum.

All this will go.
Although if the forum will expand to cover other projects then why not to open these sections. Every plant in the moderator section\subsection and not to bother the administration

Делай добро и бросай его в воду

18 часов назад, Wilhelm сказал:

Yes, I've been asked by @danny1ma to make Spanish section

On 6/26/2016 at 10:38 AM, V3ct0r said:

Yes, I've been asked by @danny1ma to make Spanish section

I'd like a Spanish section as well, but as you said, it will only divide community to some degree though. 

A portuguese section can englobe both spanish and portuguese, we got a lot of new server owners from Brazil that know nothing about english, so its not a bad idea to make a Brazilain section,in the worst case it can give you more pageviews.