Sign in to follow this  
bpking

Making my server first time

Hi everyone !

since long i wanted to do my own server but i always gave up on it on beginning 

since i always get into trouble on attaching database. 

like now i will give it a last shoot 

and again (folowing Gaturos guide )

and i cant turn on the sql 2014 server browser no idea why tryed everything any ideas here to fix that ?

image.png.1b01eb3b5180b02bc1d66318e8d83419.png

You might want to restart the computer first. It won't work without a computer restart. If using Windows 10 and using the beta convert legacy apps to use utf-8, disable that - that only works with SQL 2019 and the SQL service will fail to run no matter what.

• Like 1

ok hi i made that i passed this part now i folow the guide of Gatero and next happen xD 

i try conect new user "top" pass etc and get this ??? like why cant just go smooth ? xD

image.png.69a8441602ed0817c48a15055f17d61a.png

Y87dc#$98 is this pass i got from gaturos files 

10 hours ago, wolfenx said:

can you enter with the user "sa"?

nope same error

5 hours ago, Jakku said:

Password is wrong. Try using Windows authentication. Then, change the password of your 'top' user.

i can enter like that but if i change pass same shit -.- can i use anz pass or must be Y87dc#$98 ?? 

Y87dc#$98 is the default password. to first login yes use that one.     the default login name is usually    "sa"      "admin"            "adminuser"   try all 3
-If you want to continue using the default name / password, Login through windows authenticator
- Go to  -  Security > Logins. Find and right click sa and Options.
--Go to - Server Roles and select the boxes for Public / sysadmin.
--Go to - User Mapping and make sure that : AccountServer, GameDB and any other databases you added from your server are selected.
--Finally go to Status and make sure "Permission to access the database"     Grant is selected, and Login is enabled

--To make sure the account was given the right permissions / ranks, Go to your Databases, right click GameDB and Options.
--Click the FIles tab, and the Owner should be listed as  sa  
--If your account is not listed, click the small box to the right […].  In the popup box click browse, scroll down until you find sa, select it and click ok. Accept, and close. 
-you should now be able to login with sa and Y87dc#$98 as the password.   

-To create a new account, Click Secuirty>Options>New Login.      Enter your desired username, Select SQL server authentification, and enter your hashed password. there are several guides around pkodev on how to hash your passwords (code used to hide your login info).
-After that is done, follow the steps above to give that account ownership.(You will need to change your login information in all the cfg's in your serverfiles to match the new account information
hope this helps

1 hour ago, Tassadar said:

Y87dc#$98 is the default password. to first login yes use that one.     the default login name is usually    "sa"      "admin"            "adminuser"   try all 3
-If you want to continue using the default name / password, Login through windows authenticator
- Go to  -  Security > Logins. Find and right click sa and Options.
--Go to - Server Roles and select the boxes for Public / sysadmin.
--Go to - User Mapping and make sure that : AccountServer, GameDB and any other databases you added from your server are selected.
--Finally go to Status and make sure "Permission to access the database"     Grant is selected, and Login is enabled

--To make sure the account was given the right permissions / ranks, Go to your Databases, right click GameDB and Options.
--Click the FIles tab, and the Owner should be listed as  sa  
--If your account is not listed, click the small box to the right […].  In the popup box click browse, scroll down until you find sa, select it and click ok. Accept, and close. 
-you should now be able to login with sa and Y87dc#$98 as the password.   

-To create a new account, Click Secuirty>Options>New Login.      Enter your desired username, Select SQL server authentification, and enter your hashed password. there are several guides around pkodev on how to hash your passwords (code used to hide your login info).
-After that is done, follow the steps above to give that account ownership.(You will need to change your login information in all the cfg's in your serverfiles to match the new account information
hope this helps

the thing is i cant add my gameDB since i cant log in and i tryed all it just keep saying this error msg if i want to log in no idea why doesnt matter if admin sa top adminuser alwazs same error code im going crazy lol 

Hm, try this:
1) Login using Windows authentication.
2) Enter Server Properties.

3) Go to Security Tab.

4) In Server authentication.  Check SQL Server and Windows authentication mode.
5) Restart SQL Server service.

345345.png.9dd7a63c37cee74a7c4014450a793eaa.png

6767.png.eb7a60a475fe6c3a0d24062abeec2410.png

123123.png.dd42e171ffe2bfd01c4ebe6e2b65cc76.png

Edited by Jakku

with restart you mean server browser in configuration manager ?

3 minutes ago, Jakku said:

Hm, try this:
1) Login using Windows authentication.
2) Enter Server Properties.

3) Go to Security Tab.

4) In Server authentication.  Check SQL Server and Windows authentication mode.
5) Restart SQL Server service.

345345.png.9dd7a63c37cee74a7c4014450a793eaa.png

6767.png.eb7a60a475fe6c3a0d24062abeec2410.png

Use these Databases

In this order:

1) AccountServer.sql

2) GameDB.sql

3) Guild.sql

Note: Check if the databases were already created. If so, delete them before using the .sql files

Now that I see your screenshot well... It says the database file need at least 5MB size.

Try change: SIZE = 3072 KB
To: SIZE = 5120 KB

11 minutes ago, Jakku said:

Now that I see your screenshot well... It says the database file need at least 5MB size.

Try change: SIZE = 3072 KB
To: SIZE = 5120 KB

worked XD i tot i cant just change like that lol