VJOSEPHD

I am new to this forum and hoping to get help

12 hours ago, mkhzaleh said:

u can use this guide 

or dm me your tv i can help soon

omg this is very very helpful and I'm glad with you extending your help through teamviewer. What time and day can you possibly help me? and what timezone also. thank you very much @mkhzaleh

• Like 1

Hello @VJOSEPHD!

1. If I will use the latest MSSQL 2019. Do i also need to find DB that is compatible with MSSQL 2019?

You don't need. Existing databases should be compatible with the new version of MSSQL. In any case, you can check it by yourself.

2. Is MSSQL free? or do i still need to get a cracked version for it?

Only 'Express' editions are free. They have some limitations, but such editions are suitable for a Tales of Pirates server.

2 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @VJOSEPHD!

You don't need. Existing databases should be compatible with the new version of MSSQL. In any case, you can check it by yourself.

Only 'Express' editions are free. They have some limitations, but such editions are suitable for a Tales of Pirates server.

As you suggested Mr. @V3ct0r I want to use MSSQL 2017 Express Edition. When i tried to download the installer what option should i pick here

Express Core (294 MB): SQL Server Engine only

Express Advanced (732 MB) SQL Server Engine, Full Text Services and Reporting Services

LocalDB (46 MB): Lightweight version of Express Edition that runs in user mode.

Use MSSQL 2019 when it comes out - which for obvious reasons should get released in the next 3 months. Right now it's in Preview, so don't download it yet (it will expire)! Download 2017 Express Core and then download "Server Management Studio" as well (to set up accounts/attack db).

Edited by deguix

5 hours ago, deguix said:

Use MSSQL 2019 when it comes out - which for obvious reasons should get released in the next 3 months. Right now it's in Preview, so don't download it yet (it will expire)! Download 2017 Express Core and then download "Server Management Studio" as well (to set up accounts/attack db).

@deguix

So MSSQL 2017 Express Core

and this one? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms?view=sql-server-2017