VJOSEPHD

I am new to this forum and hoping to get help

Hello, first time  I played TOP and TOP Private server was probably 8-10 years ago. I was hoping to create a private server again (my own and probably a few of my friends who played it back then) using hamachi server(the easiest one to create). I've created my account just now. I visited ragezone (but their TOP forum is more likely dead already) and I was redirected here and saw a few posts still active. I was hoping you can help me. I'm still reading the threads here in this forum so please bear with me for missing the post and asked it here.

These are my questions

1. I am using windows 10 pro (version 1809), what Microsoft SQL Server version can i use?

2. Is this the new website of hamachi? (vpn.net) or this one (https://secure.logmein.com/hamachi.msi) Can i use their latest version? or do I have to use their older version for this to work

3. What version of PKO is available? I only remember using 1.36 version back then. I saw here on the forum (1.36 and 2.0) is that all the versions available?

4. I've seen a lot of private server files here. What can you recommend me? (I'm not thinking of opening it to the public just for myself and a few people, looking for files with a lot of cool items (weapons, armor, sets) and cool maps)

Additional Questions:

September 25, 2019 (Philippine Time)

1. If I will use the latest MSSQL 2019. Do i also need to find DB that is compatible with MSSQL 2019?

2. Is MSSQL free? or do i still need to get a cracked version for it?

Thank you for reading my post.

Hoping you can help me answer my questions.

Edited by VJOSEPHD
additional question

19 minutes ago, Graf said:

@VJOSEPHD

1. I used Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 on windows 10.

3. Reccomend 1.36:

thank you very much for your reply.

1. If its okay do you have any links helping me how to be able to install the MSSQL2008?

3. Can I ask why do you suggest 1.36 rather than 2.0? (cross out security)

Edited by VJOSEPHD

18 hours ago, VJOSEPHD said:

Hello, first time  I played TOP and TOP Private server was probably 8-10 years ago. I was hoping to create a private server again (my own and probably a few of my friends who played it back then) using hamachi server(the easiest one to create). I've created my account just now. I visited ragezone (but their TOP forum is more likely dead already) and I was redirected here and saw a few posts still active. I was hoping you can help me. I'm still reading the threads here in this forum so please bear with me for missing the post and asked it here.

These are my questions

1. I am using windows 10 pro (version 1809), what Microsoft SQL Server version can i use?

2. Is this the new website of hamachi? (vpn.net) or this one (https://secure.logmein.com/hamachi.msi) Can i use their latest version? or do I have to use their older version for this to work

3. What version of PKO is available? I only remember using 1.36 version back then. I saw here on the forum (1.36 and 2.0) is that all the versions available?

4. I've seen a lot of private server files here. What can you recommend me? (I'm not thinking of opening it to the public just for myself and a few people, looking for files with a lot of cool items (weapons, armor, sets) and cool maps)

Thank you for reading my post.

Hoping you can help me answer my questions.

1, I'm myself using MSSQL 2k14 on latest Windows 10 64-bit version, if it's gonna be a home server ( just friends ,etc go on any version 2008 or 2012/2014 )

2, if you have a static IP, you can just forget about hamachi but if not, then go for the new hamachi, vpn.net yes...

3, There is TOP 1.36 and 2.0 they are likely the same ( in the gameplay view ) there is pko 2.4 files which looks like TOP II etc new eq slots and so on..

4, You can go on the mega archives and check server files names, copy name and search on youtube to check videos of the servers which had been created before for those files and pick up what you like

hope I helped.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cpworkerz said:

1, I'm myself using MSSQL 2k14 on latest Windows 10 64-bit version, if it's gonna be a home server ( just friends ,etc go on any version 2008 or 2012/2014 )

2, if you have a static IP, you can just forget about hamachi but if not, then go for the new hamachi, vpn.net yes...

3, There is TOP 1.36 and 2.0 they are likely the same ( in the gameplay view ) there is pko 2.4 files which looks like TOP II etc new eq slots and so on..

4, You can go on the mega archives and check server files names, copy name and search on youtube to check videos of the servers which had been created before for those files and pick up what you like

hope I helped.

@cpworkerz

1. Do you encounter any known issue with the MSSQL 2014? I'm planning just to make this server so me and my friends can chat and reminisce past after work. this server will not be made to be released in public. that's why im just aiming for hamachi because its free. if thats the case i should go for 2008? What do you think?

2. whats new about this vpn.net website than the old hamachi? I use static IP and the internet i use is 100mbps which i think would be enough to run and stable

3. Im still a bit confuse with the versions. All I know is there is top 1 and top 2. can you elaborate which versions are in top 1 and which ones are on top 2?

4. Yes will do that. I just need to stick first on picking what version of top will i use so i can move forward.

This informative reply really helped me a lot. Thank you for taking your time in replying to my post.

11 hours ago, Graf said:

@VJOSEPHD

1. https://piratia.su/topic/557-ustanovka-microsoft-sql-server-2008-r2/ russian screenshot.. I think normal)

2. 1.36 use the most administrators + there is protection + many innovations.

@Graf

1. thank you very much for this. This is very helpful for me.

2. protection doesn't really matter to me. I'm not opening this to public just a private one.  I just want to play it probably just for myself and a few friends to chat after work. I just want to use server files with a lot of new items and a lot of new features(or custom-made by other independent devs). So do you think I should go for 1.36 instead of 2.0 or 2.4?

Thank you for taking your time in replying to my post. I'm very grateful.

Edited by VJOSEPHD
tag

Just now, Graf said:

@VJOSEPHD If game with friends i will be take 2.4)

@Graf

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Im still a bit confuse with the versions. All I know is there is top 1 and top 2. can you elaborate which versions are in top 1 and which ones are on top 2?

4 минуты назад, VJOSEPHD сказал:

@Graf

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Im still a bit confuse with the versions. All I know is there is top 1 and top 2. can you elaborate which versions are in top 1 and which ones are on top 2?

Top 1 - 1.36-1.39. Top 2 - 2.0-2.5

1 minute ago, Graf said:

Top 1 - 1.36-1.39. Top 2 - 2.0-2.5

Thanks for clarifying. I've searched the forum for different server files. Can you recommend me and my friends a 2.4 version we should use? (in your own opinion) 

1. Is it backward compatible? If im using a 2.4 files. Can I use items, npc, maps and etc. from 1.36-1.39?

4 минуты назад, VJOSEPHD сказал:

Thanks for clarifying. I've searched the forum for different server files. Can you recommend me and my friends a 2.4 version we should use? (in your own opinion) 

1. Is it backward compatible? If im using a 2.4 files. Can I use items, npc, maps and etc. from 1.36-1.39?

Yes. why not)

• Like 1

3 минуты назад, VJOSEPHD сказал:

Thank you very much I will look into it @Graf

1. Is setting up top 1 and top 2 server different?

Yes, but i don`t help you with settings Top2, because i use Top1 but in this forum you can search many topic for questions and answer.. I think you will can setting)

2 minutes ago, Graf said:

Yes, but i don`t help you with settings Top2, because i use Top1 but in this forum you can search many topic for questions and answer.. I think you will can setting)

I will do my best to research and learn about it. thanks

Hello @VJOSEPHD and welcome to the forum!

You can use SQL Server 2017 Express edition. It is free.

28 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @VJOSEPHD and welcome to the forum!

You can use SQL Server 2017 Express edition. It is free.

Thank you for taking time to reply to my post.

I'm a bit confused now. someone advised to use 2008 and another 2014 and you 2017. Hehehe can you be more specific why do you prefer more 2017?

Sir @V3ct0r how about my other questions (2-4). If its fine with you 

@VJOSEPHD

I'm a bit confused now. someone advised to use 2008 and another 2014 and you 2017. Hehehe can you be more specific why do you prefer more 2017?

I recommend use MSSQL 2017 Express because it is the latest version, it is free and I use it myself.

how about my other questions (2-4). If its fine with you 

I agree with previous speakers on these questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V3ct0r said:

@VJOSEPHD

I recommend use MSSQL 2017 Express because it is the latest version, it is free and I use it myself.

I agree with previous speakers on these questions.

@V3ct0r Have you tried it yourself sir? the MSSQL 2017 with Windows 10 64 bit? No problems at all? (I also do believe its better to use latest MSSQL as long as its compatible with the windows 10) If yes,  can you lead me to a guide where I can follow to install MSSQL 2017 properly? If you would be generous to help. I saw mssql 2017 installation guide in youtube but I want to be sure its the right way and not find a lot of errors afterwards.

39 minutes ago, VJOSEPHD said:

@V3ct0r Have you tried it yourself sir? the MSSQL 2017 with Windows 10 64 bit? No problems at all? (I also do believe its better to use latest MSSQL as long as its compatible with the windows 10) If yes,  can you lead me to a guide where I can follow to install MSSQL 2017 properly? If you would be generous to help. I saw mssql 2017 installation guide in youtube but I want to be sure its the right way and not find a lot of errors afterwards.

i'm using mssql 2017 and works fine no  problems 

Edited by mkhzaleh

8 minutes ago, mkhzaleh said:

i'm using mssql 2019 and works fine no  problems 

If that's the case can you lead me to a guide you followed to install MSSQL 2019  properly for creating TOP 2.4 Private server?

if its okay with you. @mkhzaleh

i would suggest to use last version , since its updated and free , i'm using it all running fine 
to install just search in google for 
SQLServer2017-SSEI-Expr
and
SSMS-Setup-ENU
normal installation 

Edited by mkhzaleh
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mkhzaleh said:

i would suggest to use last version , since its updated and free , i'm using it all running fine 
to install just search in google for 
SQLServer2017-SSEI-Expr
and
SSMS-Setup-ENU
normal installation 

Im so sorry but I dont think that's how easy it is. There should be options unchecked/checked or preparations to be done before installing little stuff that shouldn't be missed. I've tried it before just following google search results on how to install them and I end up having more problems. That's why Im kindly asking for known guides that exist that can show how to install it properly that is meant to be for creating TOP Private Server.