Sign in to follow this  
deguix

top-recode development

At first the project revolved around trying to get some "better" lua code going, but ended up being at attempts at winging the 2.x C++ source code to work successfully, ofc with the great help from @Snre3nfrom the C++ side of things. The instructions on how to build and more info on it are in https://gitlab.com/deguix/top-recode. Sry for not making a thread earlier, I'm not really good at publishing stuff, and also a bit afraid of going all out on it too because of my limited time that I can dedicate to it.

Also have a discord: https://discord.gg/uwcR74E. It's a bit of a mess, but I guess you can bug me there too if you like. Just don't bug me too much, as in, please have some previous experience in development.

I definitely want to hear about the success of compiling it, because that's something most people struggle with with any C++ project on Windows. Anyways, most of the notifications I get are from people not being able to compile it. Just run build.bat as admin please and tell me the errors that pop up.

Oh yes, this project built by default will only work on Windows 10 and above. You can install the Windows 7 SDK and retarget all projects to use that, not sure if errors will pop up though. I won't support it.

I use currently MSQL 2017. Once MSQL 2019 gets released, use it, and you can have free UTF-8 support. On Windows 10, there's a feature to force all older apps to use UTF-8. Remember, it only works with MSQL 2019! Older MSQL won't run!

• Like 6