Silfro

Looking for 3d modeller/graphic artist

Hi,

Im looking for 2-3 3d modeller and graphic artist.

We are a small team recreating the game tales of pirates from scratch but in 3d and fast paced style like dragon nest.

We need 3d modellers and graphic artists to upgrade the current models and textures.

If you are interested, feel free to pm me.

Edited by Silfro
  • Like 1

Hello, @Silfro!

Do you can tell about your project in more detail?

Hi,

we are trying to re-create the game as much as possible. But in fast paced gameplay style and better quality.

We using esenthel engine (c++ and lightweight) because cryengine, UE or unity are not that good for mmos.

We have 3 devs and 1 modeller/graphics artist. But we need more people to recreate the textures and mode. If there are no people willing to help, I might hire some freelancers. Terrain textures going to be 512x512 and high quality. Same with face etc. Models will be reworked and fixed a bit.

We also make some map changes and split deepblue etc into multiple maps because too big maps bigger than 2kx2k are not that good for a game server.

Starting with icicle, then shaitan & argent city. After main maps are done, other maps will be worked on.

Work has just began because we needed lots of preparations first.

This weekend, Im gonna start the coding like camera etc while other keep on creating the world.

This picture you see icicle (part 1). Will be split into 2 maps.

Untitled.jpg.6cc01c7df78842f482dc0981d0b0eadd.jpg

• Like 2

@Silfro 

Good luck with the project and keep us informed about it. It is very interesting

On 2/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, Silfro said:

Thanks.

I might create a new thread and post weekly updates/progress.

That's would be great

We are still working on it.

Now the esenthel engine (which we use to develop this game) is open source, it makes development even better.

We are still looking for modellers/graphic artists (paid)

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Silfro
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for the double post.

Before I spent time writing a tool to convert .lab to a read-able file, anyone has such a tool or all animation files already converted?

On 2/6/2019 at 12:12 PM, Silfro said:

Hi,

we are trying to re-create the game as much as possible. But in fast paced gameplay style and better quality.

We using esenthel engine (c++ and lightweight) because cryengine, UE or unity are not that good for mmos.

We have 3 devs and 1 modeller/graphics artist. But we need more people to recreate the textures and mode. If there are no people willing to help, I might hire some freelancers. Terrain textures going to be 512x512 and high quality. Same with face etc. Models will be reworked and fixed a bit.

We also make some map changes and split deepblue etc into multiple maps because too big maps bigger than 2kx2k are not that good for a game server.

Starting with icicle, then shaitan & argent city. After main maps are done, other maps will be worked on.

Work has just began because we needed lots of preparations first.

This weekend, Im gonna start the coding like camera etc while other keep on creating the world.

This picture you see icicle (part 1). Will be split into 2 maps.

Untitled.jpg.6cc01c7df78842f482dc0981d0b0eadd.jpg

I am abit curious. Although this map resembles the darkblue map, it does not quite match exactly,
which leads me to believe, each map is redone by hand ? This is alot of work!

1 Suggestion, you could read how mind power reads .map and .obj files, port that into the Esenthel Engine, and resave it to its native formats.
- Save time & money. And remaking the map is just a long long process.

Essenthel Engine is a good choice, very easy to use and it's default settings for visuals matches classic PKO. Good Job.

• Like 2

kong.png

a2.png

On 4/23/2019 at 6:39 PM, KONG said:

I am abit curious. Although this map resembles the darkblue map, it does not quite match exactly,
which leads me to believe, each map is redone by hand ? This is alot of work!

1 Suggestion, you could read how mind power reads .map and .obj files, port that into the Esenthel Engine, and resave it to its native formats.
- Save time & money. And remaking the map is just a long long process.

Essenthel Engine is a good choice, very easy to use and it's default settings for visuals matches classic PKO. Good Job.

We rework all maps by hand. The original map size is too small. Also we wanna do it even better and not just create a copy.

Creating a port of maps will take time and can just create unnecessary issues which could be hard to fix.

unknown.png

Edited by Silfro
  • Like 5

I really hope this project comes out of it. I really want it working, I'm in love with PKO / TOP and I'm hoping this game will never die.

I'm trying to understand more about the programming languages used in the source code.

Good luck.

@Silfro

• Like 1

IDK why maps and models are prioritize before the logic and flow of the game. 
You dont want to use the old maps because it is small, but you are copying them into a new engine obj by obj which also retains the small feeling of it.
That was why I suggested just porting to save time.
But I vouch for your project and hope you keep us updated. Thanks

• Like 1

kong.png

a2.png

Esenthel is a great choice and so far looks pretty neat. I used to work on a project in UE in the interest of just gaining some experience but personally found it quite time-consuming and then discontinued it.

1.png.5786ea7df0dcb5b14b83e9574d4a4e51.png

Edited by patrick13
  • Like 3

On 5/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, patrick13 said:

Esenthel is a great choice and so far looks pretty neat. I used to work on a project in UE in the interest of just gaining some experience but personally found it quite time-consuming and then discontinued it.

1.png.5786ea7df0dcb5b14b83e9574d4a4e51.png

Indeed, creating an mmo (even if all assets are available) is very time consuming and most people underestimate all of this. I've started with UE too, but decided engines like UE and Unity are not the best choices for a MMO. 

Edit:

We are still working on it. 2 focus on the worlds, while I work on the code.

As soon as I finish the character selection, creation & deletion (basic design), I will move on to the world and work on the object spawn, movement and everything else. Then more progress will be posted.

unknown.png

Edited by Silfro
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Silfro said:

Indeed, creating an mmo (even if all assets are available) is very time consuming and most people underestimate all of this. I've started with UE too, but decided engines like UE and Unity are not the best choices for a MMO. 

Edit:

We are still working on it. 2 focus on the worlds, while I work on the code.

As soon as I finish the character selection, creation & deletion (basic design), I will move on to the world and work on the object spawn, movement and everything else. Then more progress will be posted.

unknown.png

Fair play! I've stopped working on mine, cause been invited to work on a top-related project atm. And I agree about the UE/ Unity choice, but as I'm doing it just for myself I don't mind really.

That's the latest video I've made on my progress: 

Spoiler

Have to say that even though in current top models don't look too bad(ish), when switching to another engine they definitely need remodeling...

Edited by patrick13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope you guys do it!

maybe start a crowdfunding campaign in the future, since top player spend lots of money in this game

maybe i can help with UI stuffs

Edited by BlackBarba

Client FSM is done and other objects are spawned in the world. Basic movement also works (without animations right now).

In the next days, will update server-side fsm(state manager), animations, ..

Im still looking for 

3d modellers & graphic artists to upgrade the current models and textures.

Animators to update current / create new animations.

Graphic artist for the UI.

unknown.png

• Like 3

@johan Yes the project is still in Progress and a lot more has been implemented since the last time. Here's some sneak peek for the world design progression 
https://imgur.com/9XL1Nbw
https://imgur.com/jX2UBuX
https://imgur.com/PwAw7Mp
As for the code implementation side of things there is a lot to say which we will probably make a post about in future in detail but here is a brief summary:
- Character creation/selection is working for all classes/races
- Character movement (FSM) working with animation for all classes/races

- NPC spawning works
- Mob spawning works

- NPC interaction works
There's a lot more to say/show but for the time being, thought it would be nice inform that the project is still ongoing :) 

• Like 3