Jump to content
Satan

TOP Private Servers now days

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, how are you?


About TOP private servers now days, what do you guys think about the investmnent on it? It’s still Worth opening a server, even with several servers working with source code, althought a minimal amount of developers with knowledge 🤔?


I'm interested on creating a new server or being a scripter for you and what intrigues me most is the fact that it’s just work thrown and time wasted. We could discuss a new Project, who is really interested  and know on how to work in a team. I was working with scripting and server administration since 2014, some servers that i’ve worked was: Lost Paradise Online, Eclipse Online and Pirate War Online. Waiting your feedback, thanks 😁!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i haven't a pure idea, one way i miss top 2, the features and gameplay... 2nd way im too lazy to start again from 0 in another server... but i still Love this game. If you gave unique idea for your server, sure you can try because it may be NEW GEN top

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, i always wanted to make my own server, and i had so many different thoughts of what people would love and keep playing.
But first of all, it cost much time to invest, and i dont like to host a server to make money, i want people to have fun, not rob them..
And second, me and a friend, loves playing top, and other strategy games like Travian, who cost so much time, to be good.. Its unrealistic and not fun to play anymore...
So i stopped making a server.. Until this week.

I just love creating my server, just because i thought i never would be able to do it. And lots of stuff i still dont understand, or cant fix, but with PKODEV, i can reach the finishline.
Right now i think its realistic for me, to open a server, what will be for everyone playable, for everyone fun, and not dead in a week.

I think there are way to much vanilla server, with good ammounts of online players, to start my own, so my previous goal is not realistic to me, but i think everyone likes a server where items are easy, where farming better stuff keeps server alive, and many pk's for fun.. But im sure it will be hard to keep servers full and alive for months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Brothers, Thank for you reply.

Developing takes time, I agree. But depending on what you have in mind all this time will not be lost and always there's someone which will play your server.


Open a server with intent to rob players never came to my mind and you will ruin ur personality as developer doing that. When a player donates to the server he is agreeing to the game's policy, that is, he will not have a refund and this money is used for many developers to improve and keep the server online.

 

You're sure about the vanilla server style, there's two populated active servers and for who doesn't have better ideas or inovation it's not worth opening another vanilla server. Better invest into a PK farming server.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Satanwell that's what I'm doing right now,  and maybe many more.  I just love to put time in and really enjoy it.  And if it works,  if its nice,  i might open for players.  And indeed, maybe a little item for mall, who will keep server online. And ofc many events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PK server styles are not suited for this game. This game was built to be all vanilla with few modern touches if needed. It is best to develop something that will work long term and create an enjoyable environment for players. As @Verax stated above, Old School style servers are the best and the most ones to last long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The problem with vanilla servers is that we already have two big servers, so it's hard to compete with them, and a server focused on PK, loses the fun very quickly, I believe a server that was not focused only on PK and was not "hard" for being "strong" would be a better approach, but the problem is that some players today are already badly accustomed and want everything at hand, getting to the point of complaining about "Donate".

 

 

Some admins use donate as a way to keep the server online (of course there are those who just want to steal your money), because if you put effort and time into something that will not bring you a return (be it financial or emotional) it's just time thrown away, and at the end no matter what style of server you will do, be it pk, be it farm, be it vanilla, will always have someone to complain, because you can't please everyone, but if you please some, stay with them , do the maintenance thinking about who wants the best to the server.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually love to see something really custom made. Something for example that is quest based, not heavy but to get you started in Gear, a gear system like BLADE & SOUL that you get a weapon at start and upgrade it thru your journey , a masterwork system for better STATS, a PVE map like Instances to get gems or something if you're not into PVP, idk.. stuff like that but without like Azz , Gr8 gems cause those are just retarded gems to have in game. But some ideas like that would be actually a bomb server.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I would actually love to see something really custom made. Something for example that is quest based, not heavy but to get you started in Gear, a gear system like BLADE & SOUL that you get a weapon at start and upgrade it thru your journey , a masterwork system for better STATS, a PVE map like Instances to get gems or something if you're not into PVP, idk.. stuff like that but without like Azz , Gr8 gems cause those are just retarded gems to have in game. But some ideas like that would be actually a bomb server.

Totally agree with you. I've started playing BnS weeks before and like the game a lot... The way you interact with quests is very cool as like the Upgrade System and Dungeons also. Creating a TOP server based on that has lot of chance of success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blade & Soul was pay to win, the only balance you had was in PvP arena where skills mattered and not gears.

 

Quest and faction pk was fun but gets boring.

 

Blackwyrm = Black dragon 

Crimson vs Zerulean = Pirates vs Navy

Soul stones = Mining Crystals

Soul Shields = Temp Bag items with dmg stats

Gear upgrading Path = Blueprints

Gems giving max stats = Not having Gem lvls and rather a passive bonus E.G + 300 damage. Max level is lv1 Otherwise crafting for a higher tier would be from farming items 

 

 

lots of of ideas to implement from Blade & Soul but takes time to do the work and also issues with copy right. 

 

 

 

In my opinion Blade & Soul would have been a perfect game had it not been due to pay to win. The graphics and combat system is amazing. And I had ran the game at 15 FPS back then and still enjoyed it. 

Edited by GOAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, GOAT said:

Blade & Soul was pay to win, the only balance you had was in PvP arena where skills mattered and not gears.

 

Quest and faction pk was fun but gets boring.

 

Blackwyrm = Black dragon 

Crimson vs Zerulean = Pirates vs Navy

Soul stones = Mining Crystals

Soul Shields = Temp Bag items with dmg stats

Gear upgrading Path = Blueprints

Gems giving max stats = Not having Gem lvls and rather a passive bonus E.G + 300 damage. Max level is lv1 Otherwise crafting for a higher tier would be from farming items 

 

 

lots of of ideas to implement from Blade & Soul but takes time to do the work and also issues with copy right. 

 

 

 

In my opinion Blade & Soul would have been a perfect game had it not been due to pay to win. The graphics and combat system is amazing. And I had ran the game at 15 FPS back then and still enjoyed it. 

Yes, there's lot of ideas that we can do just with lua scripting for sure, those u said are an example. I don't think BnS is p2w since lot stuff can be farmed at game, it just take time as like others games does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, Danny said:

I would actually love to see something really custom made. Something for example that is quest based, not heavy but to get you started in Gear, a gear system like BLADE & SOUL that you get a weapon at start and upgrade it thru your journey , a masterwork system for better STATS, a PVE map like Instances to get gems or something if you're not into PVP, idk.. stuff like that but without like Azz , Gr8 gems cause those are just retarded gems to have in game. But some ideas like that would be actually a bomb server.

This sounds really nice indeed. Like getting a sword or bow or what ever, and u keep playing with this weapon. And there would be quests to upgrade ur weapon. If your weapon is gemmed, the gems will stay :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satan said:

Yes, there's lot of ideas that we can do just with lua scripting for sure, those u said are an example. I don't think BnS is p2w since lot stuff can be farmed at game, it just take time as like others games does.

I’ve played it since launch date it was very good in the beginning until they put out those RNG boxes which screwed up the game because they contained OP gems if you did not spend money you would miss out on the good stuff. Most people bought gold from illegal bot services to be topped gear. It was fun while it lasted, I still know someone who plays it but it’s only because they’ve spent massive amount of money into the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mendesjao said:

This file is one of the shortest to play, Server pk / bossing.

Yea I know but WPD was one of the best PK server :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×