Sign in to follow this  
Solid Strife

A new kind of PKO

Good Evening everyone.

I have spent the last few weeks Re-writing as many quests, NPCs and scripts as I can on the clean 1.38 @V3ct0r reccomended me.

Now I wanted to find out.

I dont want just a PVP game. I actually like people player together to achieve goals like rebirth, dungeons etc.

Do you guys feel that If i re-create a whole new PKO. with new quests, new ways to obtain weapons,gear,gems etc.

I have one custom map for team battles of 10vs10.

I have also created a new town called Sandy Strife.

but not losing abit of the grind. you will have to take some time to level up. ( not nearly as long as the original TOP )

There will be daily/weekly events (me or one of my MODS ( my close friends )) will be online at all times to assist anyone.

Now If we got through all this, would you guys be happy to play it?

There will be a mall system BUT you can obtain everything in the game with abit of effort.

Let me know guys. I will need some guys to test my server for me.

Anything can work, given the features draw attention, you advertise enough and you open at a proper time, but most people seem to be hot for servers which feature longevity. This led a lot of devs to focus on vanilla or close-to-vanilla servers, because the standard goals on such servers by themselves require a fair bit of time and effort. Additionally, due to the general nature of these servers, catching up is a lot more realistic and easier to do.

As for the features/maps themselves, it's difficult to say if players are more keen on PvP or PvE, as it boils down to personal preference. Though you definitely don't want to overdo it. Too many PK maps either means too many rewards and consistency being required more than average (not something everyone can afford) or maps meant for pure PK which no one will want to go to for obvious reasons. Same principle applies to PvE; either they're too rewarding and you need to no-life them (especially early on) or they're not and no one will want to waste their time whacking mobs or bosses for hours if the reward is little.

This is just the way I see it and what I've concluded from being a fairly active player in private servers for quite awhile now. In the end, how you want to shape your server is your choice, though the community is extremely picky, and not many players are willing to try something that doesn't seem promising right off the bat (or something that's not advertised properly) and even fewer are willing to stay and keep the server going.