Sign in to follow this  
Rinor

Lua Function - Sceneeffectinfo

Hello everyone, is there any lua function to call Sceneeffectinfo without having to put a line at skilleff?
ex: i wanna add a effect - glow to rings or neck or set, is there a function to call sceneeffectinfo ID instead of using it at skilleff?

I think you need the character to wearing an item first, but yes I believe there is I've seen it in other servers, but don't remember what files the script was in. not sure if it uses store data.

Nissan-GT-R.gif

8 hours ago, MouradMS said:

Try the following and see if it fits your needs:

PlayEffect(role, effectID)

Its working fine, how about if i want to remove the effect if the item is unequipped?

Edited by Rinor

8 hours ago, Rinor said:

Its working fine, how about if i want to remove the effect if the item is unequipped?

Do know that if you put the playeeffect role in cha_timer it will fking spam your effect. If u want to do change effect whenever they equip/unequip then use like bbring style. This way is better. But if u're doing like playeffect in itemuse (it will only play once in this case)or change item id according to something like npcscript code: if hasitem = blahblah then open bbring effect selection page num, if the player doesnt have any effect id in their inventory then it doesnt do anything so it just show a different page when they talk to the NPC.

But the bbring is the best way to do. NPCscript is fine but it's up to you =P. I remembered SPO by @Sultan use data store, which it will change the effect automatic (register data, retrieve data, swap effect).

@DangThao yea i know i would spam cha_timer but im asking how to remove it if an item is unequipped, coz i dont wanna use bbring since it uses skilleff lines also i use it for diff stuff, im asking about how to remove playeffect if an item is unequipped instead of relogging to remove the glow if it is unequipped.

@Rinor then why not just make the effect into iteminfo playeffect such as those wing effect(roso should got it). Each iteminfo line has a different glow effect on it. This way u just use the hasitem and takeitem to switch the item back and forth. This is the only way to do it otherwise you can't without do it like bbring effect.

53 minutes ago, DangThao said:

@Rinor then why not just make the effect into iteminfo playeffect such as those wing effect(roso should got it). Each iteminfo line has a different glow effect on it. This way u just use the hasitem and takeitem to switch the item back and forth. This is the only way to do it otherwise you can't without do it like bbring effect.

Do you have a cod ex? i tried doing it as cloak but wont show anything