helo
how can we make our game exe less using for ram
so players with normal pc can play without lag

there is way or can't do that?
in this photo compare loading 4 client of pko and loading 1 normal client 1.38

image.png.6abb9d90b93a78719ea3c0d07260b13e.png

• Like 1

Hello, @ahmad!

Probably they did optimizations on the source code level. 

I think you know about "limits" for .bin tables, for example ItemInfo.bin, CharacterInfo.bin and etc. Usually people wants to increase them, but you also can decrease the limits. 

For instance lets take ItemInfo.bin. In my client one item occupies 868 bytes of memory. So, 6k items (default limit) will occupy about 5 Mbytes of memory, 9k items about 7.5 Mbytes and 32k items about 26.5 MBytes of memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello, @ahmad!

I think you know about "limits" for .bin tables, for example ItemInfo.bin, CharacterInfo.bin and etc. Usually people wants to increase them, but you also can decrease the limits. 

For instance lets take ItemInfo.bin. In my client one item occupies 868 bytes of memory. So, 6k items (default limit) will occupy about 5 Mbytes of memory, 9k items about 7.5 Mbytes and 32k items about 26.5 MBytes of memory.

yea this make sense
they are using 5875 lines for iteminfo
and every bin have  less amount 

Edited by ahmad

On 7/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, V3ct0r said:

Hello, @ahmad!

Even changing that, I can't imagine this whole change to the memory usage... I mean, it might help with a few megabytes, but decrease it by more than 10x?

@ahmad have you checked the memory usage for PKO after you opened it? I mean, right after you open it. My best bet is that you already had these clients open for sometime and system redirected unsued memory to Virtual Memory to free space.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Faller said:

Even changing that, I can't imagine this whole change to the memory usage... I mean, it might help with a few megabytes, but decrease it by more than 10x?

@ahmad have you checked the memory usage for PKO after you opened it? I mean, right after you open it. My best bet is that you already had these clients open for sometime and system redirected unsued memory to Virtual Memory to free space.

do not forget they must have fixed all known (and possibly unknown) memory leaks.

Edited by quad
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, quad said:

do not forget they must have fixed all known (and possibly unknown) memory leaks.

That's also another great option! But it's kinda impossible to only be changes to the bin limits. I know v3ct0r also mentioned that they must have done changes to the source code, and they surely did, they have some features we have never seen in other servers.
But even though, it's a really BIG change to the memory usage. I think most of the textures (UI, terrain floor, etc...) are loaded to memory at boot up, they must have optimized it by changing things like that - only loaded when necessary.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Faller said:

:P that happen to most top clients
after u open it for 30min + get less memory using 

Edited by mkhzaleh
  • Like 1

Just now, mkhzaleh said:

:P that happen to most top client 
after u open it for 30min + get less memory using 

Exactly what I mean! I didn't bother checking, but I think that's what happens...

3 minutes ago, Faller said:

Exactly what I mean! I didn't bother checking, but I think that's what happens...

image.png.d3b16189e15463a9e0db60704e9b50a6.png
image.png.bdfeea56df04b139800702aa8efb238e.png
i did 

Edited by mkhzaleh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Faller said:

+21.5 Mbytes just for items. It is not so little if compare with 400 MBytes of total consumption of memory. And you have other increased limits (CharacterInfo, SceneobjInfo, etc), in summary they can take significant amount of memory.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2018 at 3:33 PM, V3ct0r said:

+21.5 Mbytes just for items. It is not so little if compare with 400 MBytes of total consumption of memory. And you have other increased limits (CharacterInfo, SceneobjInfo, etc), in summary they can take significant amount of memory.

I see, thanks for the info! I never knew they used that much memory. Good thing I've been removing all unused items from my iteminfo. :)

But even considering this quantity, I don't think we'd ever achieve such a huge decrease, after all, the only bins that are actually modified are iteminfo, character info, sceneceobj - the others only a few lines...

• Like 1