Sign in to follow this  
Tassadar

client troubles

after many hours of searching and reading, i found top server files, databases and a patch for it, got them all workinig now without errors, the problem i am having is i dont know how to set up a client, or an auto patcher, every guide ive found on it is either incomplete or in such bad ensligh that i cant follow along. could someone please talk/walk me through this setup?  ive downloaded a top client form thier game page, ive downloaded an auto updater from the guides section (and tried to follow their guide but it didnt work). i have discord, teamviewer, facebook,skype. let me know how you'd like to chat. please help me out on this, ive been going nuts trying to figure this all out without having to learn japanese or some other language.

Hello, the first thing you need to do is to change your client IP to point to your server:

Then for the patch create a similar directory structure as the client with the files that you have changed (ex if you changed iteminfo.bin create a directory tree MYPATCH > scripts > table > iteminfo.bin and either do it a zip/rar file that players can extract in their game folder or use the instruction in the autoupdater you found

is there a guide somewhere that you know of, on how to do all the patch things? slight learning disability, easier for me to learn when i see how its done :(.  havent changed any files yet besides the basic ones to get the databases online, gateserver, gameserver ect.    and once the patch part is done, what would i need to do, to let others use the client / play on the server? (i understand the ip part and that i need to make a site for it, but for files themselves which ones do i eventually zip for them to download?

I don't know guides as you don't say a specific problem. You say your server files all work, can you connect the client to your server and play on your computer?

To let people play in your server, you need serverset.bin (Tales of Pirates Client\scripts\table\serverset.bin) to point to correct IP. You can change the IP with IP changer tool I linked above and then copy serverset.bin into your patch directory

PATCH DIRECTORY > scripts > table > serverset.bin

Then any file you change, for example adding new items with iteminfo.txt in your server, you copy iteminfo.txt from your server to CLEINT > scripts > table > iteminfo.txt and compile the file to a bin file

https://pkodev.net/index.php?/topic/26-client-txt-tables-compiling/

Every file you change you copy it then to your Patch directory

Then you can either make it all a zip file and send it to your users, or upload it to your website, so that htey can download and extract it, or use any autopatcher. Example this one: https://pkodev.net/index.php?/topic/1322-auto-updater-program, or any other patcher you have found should also have instructions

if you still have problems please say the exact problem you have, what you did, what is the error, etc, as well s what server files you are using, what patcher/updater you are using, etc

Edited by SoundX

i currently have no client file. im using the clean top cient and clean top files form the archive https://mega.nz/#F!OUMUgTYb!jtCsqh7halK_O9uzWyaG0g!KcdVQK6a.

i created a server folder, extracted the server files and client files all into the single new server folder. draged the .txt files to scripts/table  made them .bins. changed the IP in settings.cfg, update.cfg              wich ip do i edit in serverset.bin or do i touch serverset_Nagf.bin? theres a few ip's per server, most of the txt is in symbols  

ะ         Suggest: Eclipse Isle(New) อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.18 ออ67.208.220.19 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Suggest: Moonlight Isle ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.27 ออ67.208.220.93 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Rainbow Isle อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.8 อออ67.208.220.9 อออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Mermaid Isle อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.12 ออ67.208.220.13 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Diamond Isle อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.24 ออ67.208.220.25 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Eclipse Isle(New) ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.18 ออ67.208.220.19 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Starlight Isle อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.21 ออ67.208.220.22 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Battlefield ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.221.233 อ67.208.221.217 อ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ   	   Moonlight Isle อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                   	       67.208.220.27 ออ67.208.220.93 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ   
   Azure Isle อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                   
       67.208.220.51 ออ67.208.220.30 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๑ Dream Island อออ      Suggest:Silver Sea อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.48 ออ67.208.220.49 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Suggest:Hurricane Sea ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.184 อ67.208.220.185 อ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ   
   Phantom Sea ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                   
       67.208.220.31 ออ67.208.220.40 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Sacred Sea อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.31 ออ67.208.220.40 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Immortal Sea อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.45 ออ67.208.220.46 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Cloud Sea ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.45 ออ67.208.220.46 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Silver Sea อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.48 ออ67.208.220.49 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Aurora Sea อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.31 ออ67.208.220.40 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Hurricane Sea ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.184 อ67.208.220.185 อ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Battlefield  อออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.220.35 ออ67.208.220.36 ออ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๒ Mystic Ocean อออ      Frozen Harbor ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.221.115 อ67.208.221.116 อ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๓ Grand Line อออออ      Lost Harbor ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออ                          67.208.221.115 อ67.208.221.116 อ0 ออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออออข๓ Grand Line อออออ

sorry for my noobishness. im more familiar with java games, ToP is a whole different ballgame to me

and for the ip changer, if i dont have a site up yet do i leave the server reagion blank or put something random for now?

Edited by Tassadar

7 hours ago, Tassadar said:

and for the ip changer, if i dont have a site up yet do i leave the server reagion blank or put something random for now?

Server region is like "Dream Island" and server name is like "Rainbow island". You can put anything random there, it doesn't have to do with site.

The "IP Changer" program will edit the serverset.bit file for you, so you don't need to manually do it

once i get to the actual login screen for the client, enter my name/pass and enter, i get the error   Invalid Login

Edited by Tassadar

awesome! finally able to load into the game thanks! one last question (i hope)  commands do not seem to work for my character, i gave it admin rights using that program, another guide said to use hexeditor to edit gameserver to change the gm level but when i try to use hexeditor it just displays 1's and 0's not sure where to go on that to change it.     logged out of the game, tried to log back in and the password was changed, deleted the account and created a new one thinking it was bugged, and now every time i log in, im at an empty character select screen being asked to set a security password, when i enter the password, it gives me one of 2 errors, either saying the account is already online, or that the server is busy.  relaunched the server and the problem is still there

Edited by Tassadar

You can change GM level via SQL, -> in your GameDB -> Click the "-" symbol, then find tables and click the "-" and then find dbo.account -> Right click "Edit Rows" and change under "GM" column to 99 which will set it's Account level to GM rights. As for GM commands, I think your GameServer.exe is not compatible, or maybe try this in your server files. Or maybe it's your client StringSet.txt, or the Port with client.  (Note might not work, as I do not know where you got your exe's from.

Go to GameServer folder -> resource-> scripts -> calculate -> functions.lua and put 

function HandleChat(role, message) 
	return 1 
end

Edited by Joah

Nissan-GT-R.gif