SoundX

Question about Check_Baoliao function in skilleffect.lua

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the stupid question, I am novice in lua and am having a very big confusion regarding where some functions are defined.

My question is: in the file "itemeffect.lua" inside the function: "function Check_Baoliao(ATKER, DEFER, ... )":

There is this line repeated 3 times, for when player is killed in PVP, when monster is killed in PVE or when resource is used:

SetItemFall ( count , item[1] , item[2] , item[3] , item[4] , item[5] , item[6], item[7] ,item[8],item[9],item[10] )

I am trying to understand where the "SetItemFall" is defined, as I want to use it in another function in order to alter drops. However, it seems it cannot be used outside "Check_Baoliao"? However, it is not defined as a function in Check_Baoliao either, or in any other file inside the "calculate" directory.

The reason I want to use it is because I am trying to add a drop for every mob in "exp_and_level.lua":

Spoiler

This works:

-- >>> Add item dropping to every mob
    local ItemFallsMonster = GetChaAttrI( dead , ATTR_LV )
    if ValidCha (team_atker) == 0 then
        SystemNotice(atk,'A hidden Fairy Ration')
        GiveItem( atk ,  0 , 227 , 1, 4 )
    end
    -- <<< END Add item dropping to every mob

But this does not:

-- >>> Add item dropping to every mob
    local ItemFallsMonster = GetChaAttrI( dead , ATTR_LV )
    if ValidCha (team_atker) == 0 then
        SystemNotice(atk,'A hidden Fairy Ration')
        SetItemFall( 1, 227 )
    end

-- <<< END Add item dropping to every mob

Trying to get this working before start playing with dropping chance percentages (that I think depend on the "StateLv" and "MF_RAID_STATE"?)

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance

Edited by SoundX

Having looked at this more, it seems like the "item[n]" parametres correspond to probability for the item to fall, and cannot be set to determine the item's ID.

So, I am wondering two things:

- Is there any function that controls drop from monsters? I can achieve what I want with "GiveItem()", but I would rather the item to drop and not appear directly on inventory.

- My initial question: Where are all these functions defined? Like the "SetItemFall", "GiveItem", etc? Are they lua functions, or are they somehow integrated with the server's code? Sorry for the rookie question, I don't know a lot about programming.

Thanks for reading

Hello @SoundX!

SetItemFall() and GiveItem() are c++ functions coded on source codes.

As far i know SetItemFall control or/and reads monster drop on characterinfo, where there's max of 10 items per monster. If you willing to create custom drop to monsters using GetExp_PKM i'm not sure you can make them drop it on the floor, at least for monsters that are arealdy summoned. A way to make monsters drop items on the floor are giving them a item and removing it from him... for that work you must push monster userdata, like this:

local ForestSpirit = CreateCha(103, 100, 100, 90, 60)
GiveItem(ForestSpirit, 0, 885, 1, 4)
RemoveChaItem(ForestSpirit, 885, 1, 2, -1, 0, 1)

That will summon a forest spirit and give it a refining gem, but after created it will drop the refining gem on the floor. That just a sketch, ofc.

Edited by Satan
  • Like 1

lelouch_signature_by_vahntheknight-d4uafwj.png