Home

Creating weapon glow

Hi everyone.

By this simple tutorial i'll show you guys how to create a new glow for weapons and also change its color.

1 - ItemRefineInfo

The Itemrefininginfo is a list of all weapons and its respectively glow details. It basically receives the weapon ID, Name, and the existing glows id and size for every char type (lance, ami, carsise, phyllis). The itemrefininginfo doesn't creates any new glows it just sets existing glows from itemrefiningeffectinfo to a given weapon:

example:

776    Blade of Enigma    3    9    0    12    26    0    25    0    24    0    0    27    0    0    0.6    0.6    0.6    0.6

776 - weapon id

Blade of Enigma - weapon name

3 - red gems respective glow id

9 - blue gems respective glow id

0 - unknown

12 - yellow gems respective glow id

26 - unknown

0 - unknown

25 - unknown

0 - unknown

24 - unknown

0 - unknown

0 - unknown

27 - unknown

0 - unknown

0 - unknown

0.6 - lance glow size

0.6 - carsise glow size

0.6 - phyllis glow size

0.6 - ami glow size

example of a giant blue glow for Blade of Enigma with any gem combination.

776    Blade of Enigma    9    9    0    9    26    0    25    0    24    0    0    27    0    0    2.6    2.6    2.6    2.6

example of a little green glow for Darkness Emissary with any gem combination.

2331    Darkness Emissary    63    63    0    63    26    0    25    0    24    0    0    27    0    0    0.1    0.1    0.1    0.1

By this first part you'll be able to set custom glows for any weapon, however if you wanna go futher you should create new glow types in itemrefiningeffectinfo.

2 - ItemRefiningeffectInfo

The itemrefiningeffectinfo is a list that stores all the glows itself is there where you can find the glows id you need to customize your weapon glows in itemrefininginfo. It contains all kind of glows, green, blue, yellow, red, staff, sword, dagger, gun etc.

For example, this line has a green glow for guns ( if you put it on itemrefininginfo on any weapon it will give it a green glow gun )

44    Gun Poison    4    354    0    354    0    1    353    0    353    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

using it on itemrefininginfo Darkness Emissary line for any gem:

2331    Darkness Emissary    43    43    0    43    26    0    25    0    24    0    0    27    0    0    0.1    0.1    0.1    0.1

Edited by Home
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to mix glows using this method? I've managed to make weapons glow either red, blue or yellow (and green but less important) but I'm interested in the possibility of making a weapon glow purple for example (as it would with a red + blue gem), rather than either blue or red.

Additionally, does anyone know where the colors each gem provides are stored or how exactly the system works?

Yes, you can make a weapon glow red/blue/orange/purple/yellow/green all in 1, I've done this long time ago.

Some reference that I can give you:

Notice in the still picture, I have multiple things within the weapon.

I have a glowing circle in the middle of the bow that lights yellow/orange/red (If it was a video)

and a blue spinning circle 360 around the bow that goes blue/purple

I also have a feather like effect around my bow

I also have 2 ball effects on bow ends of the bow that go blue/purple

I also have another effect that when I run with the character, a trail of lights follow.

My gems also are Eye/Aggr/Great Strike

Means: Red/Blue/Red

Now compare to my Sword Model

Weapon Colors -> Can determine what glow color it can have

StoneInfo -> Determines what gem the color glow should be

ItemRefineInfo -> Determines what Type of Glow look/what color mixture/size

This is all trial and error, and you will need to compile until you get a desired glow.

--- in StoneInfo.txt

Example:

12    Gem of Rage    0863             1,2                         4                            ItemHint_NRage

ID    Gem Name       Gem ID   Forge Into ItemType      Gem Color Glow       Gem Detail

Gem Color Glow ->

1 = Red

2 = Blue

3 = Green?

4 = Yellow

(This is where you determine what type of glow it should look like, which is where you will guess from 1-299, some glows work on certain model weapons, and wrapped around it.)

This also determines the current glow on the weapon example if all were set to 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 0.61 0.61 0.61 the result would be pure blue glow, but an addition would be making your gem glow red also in the StoneInfo.

ItemID  Item Name           Eff1 Eff2 Eff3 Eff4 Eff5 Eff6 Eff7 Eff8 Eff9 Eff10 Eff11 Eff12 Eff13 Eff14              Glow Size for Lance  Glow Size for Carsise  Glow size for Phyllis    Glow Size for Ami

5283    Barborosa's Knife    3    3    0    12    12    0    3    0    3    0    0    3    0    0                                  0.61                       0.61                          0.61                         0.61

Full Line 

5283    Barborosa's Knife    3    3    0    12    12    0    3    0    3    0    0    3    0    0    0.61    0.61    0.61    0.61

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by GOAT
  • Like 1

Nissan-GT-R.gif

On 8/31/2018 at 4:05 PM, FruitJuice said:

Yes, you can make a weapon glow red/blue/orange/purple/yellow/green all in 1, I've done this long time ago.

I have a glowing circle in the middle of the bow that lights yellow/orange/red (If it was a video)

I also have another effect that when I run with the character, a trail of lights follow.

This is all trial and error, and you will need to compile until you get a desired glow.

--- in StoneInfo.txt

Example:

12    Gem of Rage    0863             1,2                         4                            ItemHint_NRage

ID    Gem Name       Gem ID   Forge Into ItemType      Gem Color Glow       Gem Detail

Gem Color Glow ->

1 = Red

2 = Blue

3 = Green?

4 = Yellow

(This is where you determine what type of glow it should look like, which is where you will guess from 1-299, some glows work on certain model weapons, and wrapped around it.)

This also determines the current glow on the weapon example if all were set to 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 0.61 0.61 0.61 the result would be pure blue glow, but an addition would be making your gem glow red also in the StoneInfo.

ItemID  Item Name           Eff1 Eff2 Eff3 Eff4 Eff5 Eff6 Eff7 Eff8 Eff9 Eff10 Eff11 Eff12 Eff13 Eff14              Glow Size for Lance  Glow Size for Carsise  Glow size for Phyllis    Glow Size for Ami

5283    Barborosa's Knife    3    3    0    12    12    0    3    0    3    0    0    3    0    0                                  0.61                       0.61                          0.61                         0.61

Full Line 

5283    Barborosa's Knife    3    3    0    12    12    0    3    0    3    0    0    3    0    0    0.61    0.61    0.61    0.61

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

@FruitJuice Sup, amazing glows dude. Do you have the itemrefiningeffectinfo and itemrefineinfo lines to add those 2 glows?

Edited by gainster81
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 2:05 PM, FruitJuice said:

--- in StoneInfo.txt

Example:

Gem Color Glow ->

1 = Red

2 = Blue

3 = Green?

4 = Yellow

Full Line 

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Hello man how i can change the type of effect for the glow of sword?

On 5/30/2019 at 2:10 PM, Kovu said:

@GOAT how you get this color ? edit textures or some ?

@Dan Can we get an answer to this? I’m interested to know aswell.

9 hours ago, Rinor said:

@Dan Can we get an answer to this? I’m interested to know aswell.

They are just gun glow effects from SS gun glows. The colors will vary depending on the effect in ItemRefineInfo.

• Thanks 1

Nissan-GT-R.gif

2 hours ago, Dan said:

They are just gun glow effects from SS gun glows. The colors will vary depending on the effect in ItemRefineInfo.

My bad, I meant about the white glow experiment that you shared above, not from the pictures that you posted. For example i never seen a white glow in any server, i guess it requires some different editing or? Still same as you said now

Edited by Rinor

17 hours ago, Kovu said:

@Rinor i got white glow for sell you can check it in my post

Who said im buying? It’s up there already i just asked Dan how he made it and thats it.

Why would you re-sell his work anyway? @Dan

6 hours ago, Rinor said:

Who said im buying? It’s up there already i just asked Dan how he made it and thats it.

Why would you re-sell his work anyway? @Dan

There are many different methods to making purple or white glow, I shared the purple glow, it is the same to make white, just need to repaint to white. 

https://pkodev.net/topic/5564-dannys-version-of-purplewhite-glow/

Nissan-GT-R.gif

4 hours ago, Mesut said:

this work for iteminfo too?

Well, you would have to develop some kind of thing for it to read ItemInfo, as ItemRefineInfo already directs to ItemID #. You can try something like CO where it reads stoneinfo, for you to change color.

• Like 1

Nissan-GT-R.gif