Faller

Contabo - My Thoughts

Hello, PKODev Community!
I'm here today to share my thoughts regarding Contabo after a few months using it.

I've used their SSD edition VPS for around  ~4 months now, and I can rate it really nice.
The hardware in general is good (you get what they're telling you), I've had a good storage, with low latencies and good IO. The FPS in the GameServer would be around 16~20 FPS, which is totally acceptable from my perspective. Their support is really good too. They've always responded to my tickets within a few hours.
The only issue I'm currently facing with them is regarding their network, it's quite unstable. It's not the latency, download nor the upload speed, but - it starts giving me packet loss from all sudden, which is totally unacceptable for an online game. Something to point out is that this issue didn't always happen, it started a few weeks ago.
For now I'll be moving to OVH as they can provide a stable network (that's my conclusion after using OVH for years, I've had 0 issues), but I have plans of going back in the future, after all, I've bought enough credits for 1 year of host.

Well, that's it, I'm just sharing my thoughts regarding this company as many people don't know if they should go for it or not. :)
Hoping I was useful, Faller.

• Like 1

I think @Mii or me mentioned this issue (or somewhat related) before on another thread. Once you start getting DDoS'd, Contabo's mitigation is completely shutting off the network to the VPS, where not even you would be able to access through remote desktop connection. OVH's mitigation is sending those packets to one of their own servers so you don't get affected.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2018 at 11:38 PM, Angelix said:

I think @Mii or me mentioned this issue (or somewhat related) before on another thread. Once you start getting DDoS'd, Contabo's mitigation is completely shutting off the network to the VPS, where not even you would be able to access through remote desktop connection. OVH's mitigation is sending those packets to one of their own servers so you don't get affected.

please OVH Link