quad

Computer Science vs Software Engineering

Hi there guys,

As you have probably understood, I'm torn between going for CS and SE. And sadly, I have less than 2 weeks to decide. Wrexor has already given me some pieces of information but still apparently it's not enough to make a proper and thoughtful decision. If anybody studies one of the 2 mentioned courses (or, perhaps, has already finished), an explanation of what are the major differences would be highly appreciated! Thank you. @KONG @Blanquitoh @V3ct0r @LikeAlcohol @Perseus @Danny @Billy @...

• Like 1

Engineering always and will be the top choice. computer science is related/nearby to hardware engangement, it's upgradable while the engineering required a brain's storm in it, this will lead the developer to release a new hardware system.

• Like 1

From wikipedia:

In general, software engineering focuses more on techniques for the application of software development in industry,[48][49] while computer science focuses more on algorithms and theory.[50]

It's theory (or an art) vs practical (what companies really want).

Edited by deguix
  • Like 1

Thanks for the provided ideas, comments and explanations. I've applied for 2 SE courses and 3 CS, would have to make the final decision in March.