Sign in to follow this  
NabSlayer

Difference between Pko 1.x and top 2 files

Hello all :)

There are a lot servers based on Pko 1.x server files,  and here's my question : Why no one opening server based on top 2 or Pko 2.x server files? There is difference between Pko 1.x and 2.x? 1.x is more secure?  thanks for answer's :) have a nice Day ;):)

Protections are not active for v2.x, plus a number of holes/bugs running around on v2.x files is huge, I doubt anyone would like to have a buggy server, there was a server back in the days (2015) named Temple of Pirates II, it was a v2.x server with some bugs fixed, I remember that the GM there was called [Scripter]Mars and he was the one who did that, but still if people would love to open v2.x servers this much they will still encounter many bugs (SQL Injection, Dupes, Database Flows, random crashes, auto-UDP flood (For gate server), movement errors).Nevertheless the amount of the wrong codings/misstructure there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, x3wor said:

Protections are not active for v2.x, plus a number of holes/bugs running around on v2.x files is huge, I doubt anyone would like to have a buggy server, there was a server back in the days (2015) named Temple of Pirates II, it was a v2.x server with some bugs fixed, I remember that the GM there was called [Scripter]Mars and he was the one who did that, but still if people would love to open v2.x servers this much they will still encounter many bugs (SQL Injection, Dupes, Database Flows, random crashes, auto-UDP flood (For gate server), movement errors).Nevertheless the amount of the wrong codings/misstructure there.

That "illegal movement " in top2 after enter in maze :P the memories,  what about Foxlv online?  this server wasn't based on V2.x sv files?

I believe Zankza had both the 1.3x and 2.x source codes even before we lay our fingers at them (1.3x src => pko | 2.x src => FoxLv) So I think he probably fixed all of those, all along with his 2.x Avacado.You have the source codes released & free to download, it's a pain to fix all these bugs at them, I believe they were modified before being sold to us because I doubt that moliyo would open a fully bugged game that you can't even log inside.

On 11/14/2017 at 2:39 AM, NabSlayer said:

Why no one opening server based on top 2 or Pko 2.x server files?

We only have Pko 2.4 bin release, and pre 2.4 src (add 2.x accessories and the binary should almost match).

top 2 remains in the dark.

The reason develops do not go into the 2.x era is because of the statistics and poor impact it yield in officials.

Almost all officials that entered the 2.x release went to obscurity. 

On 11/14/2017 at 2:39 AM, NabSlayer said:

There is difference between Pko 1.x and 2.x? 1.x is more secure?

specify 2.x because now we have 2.0 src and 2.4 src, the difference is huge.
pko 1.38 was developed in Spring of 2008, while 2.0 was developed just that upcoming Fall.

while 2.4 is more secured, obviously, it had plenty of backdoors embedded into the src/bin (things like having

a certain game account can grant GM access, or having a time string to exploit), which later led to the demise

of top2 (no developers to support, license also coming to an end, and a deploy of zero day attacks onto top2).

The 2.0 src isn't so bright as well. missing source codes, parts of codes upgraded but left some parts nonfunctional.

That said, i dont ever recall anyone having top1 or top2 serverfiles.

• Like 1

kong.png

a2.png

If I remember, TOP2 has reopened again but as a Private Server, before one year it closed again since it dropped down to 0 online and wasn't well advertised, the only server that reopened was Shadow, I don't think it would be either Zankza or the original game developers, I'm sure TOP2 Server files are floating somewhere in the net.