Faller

Quick Question Regarding Dupe

Hello!
I've got a quick question, I hope you guys can help me out.
The question is: In case I start using just 1x GameServer for all my maps, is it still necessary to use an AntiDupe extension? In the case I'm currently using Saeed's anti-duping.
That's it! Thank you for reading.

Well, after some tests in my live server, I've concluded that the anti-duping system needs to be disabled when you're using just 1 GS.
It's acting crazy, it will simply teleport players out of maps thinking they're clones.

8 minutes ago, Faller said:

Well, after some tests in my live server, I've concluded that the anti-duping system needs to be disabled when you're using just 1 GS.
It's acting crazy, it will simply teleport players out of maps thinking they're clones.

It does that whether you're using one or multiple game servers. I use multiple game servers and still get disconnected when trying to teleport from one map to another from time to time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Angelix said:

It does that whether you're using one or multiple game servers. I use multiple game servers and still get disconnected when trying to teleport from one map to another from time to time.

Hello, @Angelix, thanks for the info!
It was teleporting players every 1 minute, so something was wrong... hehehhe

Well, I've just turned it off, it's not being necessary anymore though. :)

Saeed's anti-duping is just to fix duping with multiple Game Servers, right? So it's pretty much useless if you're using 1x GS.

2 minutes ago, Faller said:

Hello, @Angelix, thanks for the info!
It was teleporting players every 1 minute, so something was wrong... hehehhe

Well, I've just turned it off, it's not being necessary anymore though. :)

Saeed's anti-duping is just to fix duping with multiple Game Servers, right? So it's pretty much useless if you're using 1x GS.

It's not full proof, some testing was done and you can have clones without it being detected.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angelix said:

It's not full proof, some testing was done and you can have clones without it being detected.

That's crazy, I thought the clones would just appear in the process of switching GameServers. xD

I'll try to fix my AntiDuping extension then.

Thanks a lot for your attention!

Hmm, I can give an explanation of what Saeeds anti dupe does from my experience...

It generate s a report.txt file given a characters name when a clone is detected however about 80% of the detected clones are not intentional and are done by teleporting. 

This is will most likely cause a false alarm but sometimes it’s real which is the bad part, since I can’t seem to find any good anti dupe based on searching I just manually log everyone’s account from time to time. 

• Like 1

Nissan-GT-R.gif

Hey @Angelix and @Ecstasy!
Thank you a lot for the explanation yesterday, it was very useful and now I totally understand how the script works. That's why I hate to use third-party scripts, I have no idea of what they actually do! :P 

It ended up that the issue had nothing to do with Saeed's anti-duping.
Once again, thanks!

Character [Faller] is in Argent (gameserver1) ------------------------ in SQL, map: argent
Character [Faller] teleports to Shaitan (gameserver2) -------------- SQL did not yet update because performance will be poor if every action has to be SQL-updated
During that interval where SQL has "argent" but you're really in Shaitan, this is the time exploits are done.

However, if you eliminate this to a single Gameserver unit, you wont be dealing with any of this.
Just that using 1 GameServer is bad, especially with all these servers with offline stall enabled. 
Remember that a functional software does not always necessarily mean stable.

I'd advice the following configuration for optimized performance and security:
- x64 GameServer

- Linux GateServer(s)

• Like 1

kong.png

a2.png

1 hour ago, KONG said:

Character [Faller] is in Argent (gameserver1) ------------------------ in SQL, map: argent
Character [Faller] teleports to Shaitan (gameserver2) -------------- SQL did not yet update because performance will be poor if every action has to be SQL-updated
During that interval where SQL has "argent" but you're really in Shaitan, this is the time exploits are done.

However, if you eliminate this to a single Gameserver unit, you wont be dealing with any of this.
Just that using 1 GameServer is bad, especially with all these servers with offline stall enabled. 

I'd advice the following configuration for optimized performance and security:
- x64 GameServer

- Linux GateServer(s)

Well, I've worked hard to make 1x GameServer functional and optimized (with no lag issues) and my server isn't that big, so it's running fine with average of 5 to 15% of cpu usage and the GS isn't going any further than 1gb of ram usage... hehehehe
There's downs though, for example: If something has gone wrong in a map for some reason, Stack Overflow, etc... The WHOLE server will be bugged, which isn't any good. 

Why would you recommend the x64 GS?
I've tried the Linux GateServer, although I had some issues on getting it to work, so I'm hosting everything in a Windows OS for now.

And according to what you've said, the antiduping extension isn't required when you're using 1x GS, right? Yep.... It looks like I'm retard but I just want to make it sure :D

Edited by Faller

@Faller by running all maps in 1 gamesv soon or later you will encountered with "low memory" issue. the x64 compiled have bigger memory, and regarding about dupes..you can make a clone even you using 1 gamesv for all map, just don't put any "Ex-changer" such like reputation or money or any currency that stored in your character for redeem something outside gamesv (ex: web).

• Like 1