Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Make Your Own Antitweak or Checksum Starter

(this is not a guide)

Hello im here to show you people one way to make your own anti tweak (checksum starter)

Files Are Open Source Code. and can be use for everyone.

Configure your Server: https://github.com/Nihlus/Launchpad/wiki/Game-Developer-Quickstart

Make your Starter/Installer: https://github.com/Nihlus/Launchpad/wiki/Distributing-Launchpad-on-Windows

The hard part is disable or hide startgame from your client (game.exe) to prevent byspass by users. ( i wont explain how)

Source: https://github.com/Nihlus/Launchpad/wiki

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello I am, Iri 

- I don't play any servers currently! 

But I was interested in something, you stole BPO's launcher and there copyrights were still embedded there.

-So you should be the one to learn how to code, instead of stealing another person's work.  

- "What's the point ?" I am wondering how do you communicate with your players with this attitude! 

IMG_6402.PNG

huh, looks like u removed the thread i made in epo forum. pathetic much?

im going to paste it in here so everyone can see

P.S.: disregard any good comment i said about him. this person apart from being a mediocre server admin that doesnt cares about his players is just a leecher that took this "Antitweak" from Blizzard Pirates not even giving credits at least

i make this post to talk about the file check update or anti mud.
first I wanna say I appreciate the effort the Admin is doing for trying to find a solution. The file check  have worked, but unfortunately players can still bypass  and use mud tweak again. Im not going to tell how to do it, just posting a screen as proof.

V5p2X8Q.jpg

there is, maybe 3 posible logical solution for all this mud tweak problem.

1 - Adapt, like people did in old tales of pirates with skill tweak and camera tweak (back in like 2007-8), and release mud tweak for everyone, to be used if they want to. I hear that there are 2 versions. 1st version, any enemy player is seen as mud monster (from ds). 2nd version, enemy player is seen normal, but with increased click range of the enemy player (like mud boss, dw2 boss)

4n9U9rH.jpg

2 - Second possible solution could be removing master teleport, as it is the main skill mud tweakers benefy the most. Class balance must be redone?. Not sure how many people would be in favor or against this solution.

3 - Play the game as it is, dont expect a fix. Any player and I mean ANY, can be outplayed. If u play organized and as a team, u can beat any mud tweaker or guild. This is a game and should be played to have fun, otherwise, u should consider to move on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Julio said:

Open Source @Iri
It's something free to the public so it's not stealing!

Julio, I know the difference. If it was an open source, I wouldn't have seen (Blizzard pirates online) copyrights written in the notepad. So Did he write BPO or steal there launcher. I wonder ! 👌🏻 And It's also exactly the same. I also thought that it might be an open source but I changed my mind when I found these stuff.

And I agree with Suisei he should have at least asked them for permission/buy it/quote them. EPO is an old server why would a Pro GM expose himself as a thief. 😕

Edited by Iri

To copyright a software: https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ61.pdf

(note: different countries differ so look for your respective country)

if it is not truly copyright or hasn't a patent, this is an argument of opinions. Unethical/ethical - who knows.

For open source, if you are not the author, claiming it is bad, maybe no punishment but once you want to get serious in software development, this will come back to haunt you. 

For licenses of opensource, please review each one thoroughly. It mainly pertains to how software is distributed.

What else...

oh, play nice :) don't fight fire with fire. Hint: use water.

• Like 1

kong.png

a2.png

im sorry, but even if Epo or @Andy has  stolen @Cryteks's or Blizzard's checksum or anti tweak whatever you call it, but if you think its safe or its an "anti tweak" as you say.. 
then you are wrong, already tweaked it for my friend.. removed all buildings and replaced models... i can edit anything i want and enter "bypass the anti tweak"

Capture.JPG

Edited by J0k3r

Kind regards, AG.

As @KONG stated above, copyrighting is not just a sentence you write down below on your thing, I can take released source codes of top and copyright and claim ownership for myself, so it is just a sentence.

If this is truly an opensource then no copyrights are getting applied since it is open for everyone.If it is really copyrighted bring proofs to back up your statements.