Sign in to follow this  
saa0d

Lvl up npc

Hello guys,

I want to make a Lvl up NPC that would lvl you up. It works this way:

Say you have 1x Old Ticket. You go to the npc, checks your lvl, takes the old ticket and lvl u up to the next lvl. 

I tried using GetChaAttr to get the lvl - which I copied from functions.lua- but when I approach the npc, it stops functioning. I tried making a function similar to AddExp_1 but When I apply it, nothing happens. I tried modifying AddExp_1 its self but when I apply it, I don't get the modified effects. Anybody can help? Thanks

2 часа назад, saa0d сказал:

Hello guys,

I want to make a Lvl up NPC that would lvl you up. It works this way:

Say you have 1x Old Ticket. You go to the npc, checks your lvl, takes the old ticket and lvl u up to the next lvl. 

I tried using GetChaAttr to get the lvl - which I copied from functions.lua- but when I approach the npc, it stops functioning. I tried making a function similar to AddExp_1 but When I apply it, nothing happens. I tried modifying AddExp_1 its self but when I apply it, I don't get the modified effects. Anybody can help? Thanks

mb, you can give an example that you are using?

In general it works

local lv_role = GetChaAttr ( role , ATTR_LV )
	local lv_next = lv_role + 1
	SetChaAttrI( role , ATTR_LV , lv_next )

50 minutes ago, mangojkee said:

mb, you can give an example that you are using?

In general it works

local lv_role = GetChaAttr ( role , ATTR_LV )
	local lv_next = lv_role + 1
	SetChaAttrI( role , ATTR_LV , lv_next )

Yes, I have done that! Well tbh it works but not fully. What happens is that the lvl changes only after i relog or teleport! Plus when I do that, I don't get the lvl up visual effect! I tried using the AddExp method but turns out that the exp table is wrong for all lvls above 2! Usually, the method u stated is the logical one but as I said, I need to teleport to see change and I don't get the lvl up effect which I want. Help?! Thanks

7 минут назад, saa0d сказал:

Yes, I have done that! Well tbh it works but not fully. What happens is that the lvl changes only after i relog or teleport! Plus when I do that, I don't get the lvl up visual effect! I tried using the AddExp method but turns out that the exp table is wrong for all lvls above 2! Usually, the method u stated is the logical one but as I said, I need to teleport to see change and I don't get the lvl up effect which I want. Help?! Thanks

Also, you can teleport cha after lvl_up with goto function))

2 minutes ago, mangojkee said:

Also, you can teleport cha after lvl_up with goto function))

But I still won't get the lvl up effect..

Plus isn't goto function only ingame? or i can use it in lua?

6 минут назад, saa0d сказал:

But I still won't get the lvl up effect..

Plus isn't goto function only ingame? or i can use it in lua?

GoTo( role,  pos_x, pos_y, map) - function

for example 

local x, y = GetChaPos(role)
    local map_name = GetChaMapName (role)
    local x = math.floor (x/100)
    local y = math.floor (y/100)
	GoTo( role,  x, y, map)

Edited by mangojkee

4 minutes ago, mangojkee said:

GoTo( role,  pos_x, pos_y, map) - function

Thanks it works, But still.. I want the Lvl Up effect, any idea how to make it work?! I noticed that it appears when I lvl up using AddExp but not SetChaAttr!

1.png

6 минут назад, saa0d сказал:

Thanks it works, But still.. I want the Lvl Up effect, any idea how to make it work?! I noticed that it appears when I lvl up using AddExp but not SetChaAttr!

As far as I understand, the accumulated experience is stored in the database, and as you say: "exp table is wrong for all lvls above 2", most likely when the level is raised through SetChaAttrI - ATTR_LB - the level rises, but visually there is no effect due to the fact that where that is checking Ex. From exp tables

Mb if you fix exp tables -> lvl_up will work
Sorry for a Google translate

Edited by mangojkee

4 minutes ago, mangojkee said:

As far as I understand, the accumulated experience is stored in the database, and as you say: "exp table is wrong for all lvls above 2", most likely when the level is raised through SetChaAttrI - ATTR_LB - the level rises, but visually there is no effect due to the fact that where that is checking Ex. From exp tables

Mb if you fix exp tables -> lvl_up will work
Sorry for a Google translate

Actually I tried changing the exp table using another clean server files, nothing has changed!

12 minutes ago, mangojkee said:

Please describe the fix

He did something that he called npc binding where he registered something in npcsdk which i have no idea of. I can't get the codes now am not on my computer sorry.