saa0d

Why did serverdev close

Just as the title says, why did serverdev close and why is it sponsoring Pirate King Online?!

It's such a big waste for a forum with its size to close.

i guess its purpose was delivered :D keeping a forum that does not benefit you is waste!!

but it had A LOT of invaluable resources and now its gone. When I saw it sponsoring PKO i thought zankza hacked it so nobody learns how to open new servers.

Edited by saa0d

Why does it sponsor PKO? It's because Zankza himself is the owner of PKO. They also closed FoxLv II because it was failing and maybe not generating money to sustain.

2 hours ago, Angelix said:

Why does it sponsor PKO? It's because Zankza himself is the owner of PKO. They also closed FoxLv II because it was failing and maybe not generating money to sustain.

I know he is but he isnt the owner of serverdev..

17 minutes ago, Sk3let0n said:

Owners were Matt/Zankza I believe.

Matt has been a staff member until he 'retired'.

1 minute ago, wowo said:

Matt has been a staff member until he 'retired'.

I don't really understand the reason why ServerDev closed but klabmouse said something about "data loss" before.

Do you really need an explanation? 

Official ToP closed and there was a huge opportunity to make like an "Official" private server (PKO)

Zankza took the opportunity, and deleted serverdev (I don't think he owned it, but he hosted it) to avoid more servers and to delete every release that could be used by other developers. 

I'm pretty sure serverdev wasn't property of Zankza 'cause I've been in privatia way before he joined it.

1 hour ago, iZae said:

Do you really need an explanation? 

Official ToP closed and there was a huge opportunity to make like an "Official" private server (PKO)

Zankza took the opportunity, and deleted serverdev (I don't think he owned it, but he hosted it) to avoid more servers and to delete every release that could be used by other developers. 

I'm pretty sure serverdev wasn't property of Zankza 'cause I've been in privatia way before he joined it.

He is being really a dick for closing all these servers and websites. I really hate how he is forcing all people to play his server, its unfair. He is trying to dominate the game and make it all for his self and that's really selfish. I hate him already

why servdev closed ? Ez. Zanky can't handle lots of servers that are apper ther , every time new srv open so zanky srv FoxLvl would die so better he closed whole SerDev and start promote FoxLvl then close FoxLlv after all mall ther then open PKO and start bann ppls for nothing and play with alts chars - Klab + Wife

xD

FileItem-2715-sethsignature.png

17 hours ago, iZae said:

to avoid more servers and to delete every release that could be used by other developers. 

Exectly. Zankza deleted it cuz he didn't want to see more servers opening, since there were a shit ton of guides i think and good information on how to open and host a server etc. So he just deleted it so it will be harder for ppl to open a server, that way there is less competition.

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610 - Copy.jpg

Zanzka could not afford it /s

Serverdev was TOP haven for Private server development.

It had to go down to make room for PKO. and obviously cut ties with others for less competition.

But anyways it has like 700-900 online. Which is great /s ( Lmao more than half of the population is cuz of the offline stalls.)

fa806971ebc265ed5ebee27896f16509.png