Sign in to follow this  
Maximilian

What should I focus on learning to get a well rounded understanding of what ToP uses

I am not a complete beginnier , i'm not completely unaware how programming works.

However as the most here know there is an impossibly large chasm between a rough understanding and a level of understanding which enables to actually do things.

So my question isn't only about "what languages should i learn". I know it's C++ / Lua / SQL / HTML / PHP , maybe python for ancillary tool creation.

My question is in the specific : in what parts of those languages i should focus on?

My main issue with programming has been mainly one : i'm bored by the the basics but overwhelmed by the complexity after those basics.

Any suggestion/learning resource is welcome , thank you for you time.

Some basic programming knowledge must be enough, if you can work with lua syntax... Also you must know the game and will get it by playing it. Making some experiences with a server running on your personal computer etc...

Hello, @Maximilian!

You need know Lua to write scripts for server (NPC and quests, for example). You also need know C/C++ if you want work with sources. It will be useful to know SQL to work with the game databases.

• Like 1