Battery

Tales of Pirates Server Sharing [Help Please]

So me and my older brother have made the server. He sent me the exact same server files that he has. The only difference is that he runs the server on his computer. I'm trying to connect to the server on my computer as if I am just a random player that wants to play our game. However, no matter how many IP addresses I change, I can't manage to connect to the server from my computer. So, as I open the client and I try to log into my account (that was already created by my brother) I get "Connection Failed". Any help would be appreciated :)

22 minutes ago, Battery said:

So me and my older brother have made the server. He sent me the exact same server files that he has. The only difference is that he runs the server on his computer. I'm trying to connect to the server on my computer as if I am just a random player that wants to play our game. However, no matter how many IP addresses I change, I can't manage to connect to the server from my computer. So, as I open the client and I try to log into my account (that was already created by my brother) I get "Connection Failed". Any help would be appreciated :)

Open port 1973,set every ip on config files on server side to 127.0.0.1,[ToClient] GateServer.cfg IP should be 0.0.0.0 and it should work.Otherwise use hamachi and its ip on everything.

1 hour ago, Sk3let0n said:

Open port 1973,set every ip on config files on server side to 127.0.0.1,[ToClient] GateServer.cfg IP should be 0.0.0.0 and it should work.Otherwise use hamachi and its ip on everything.

Not sure exactly where to find port 1973. And so on the files that are on my computer (not my brothers) should it also have 127.0.0.1?

2 hours ago, Sk3let0n said:

Can I PM you pictures of some of the server files? Again, me and my brother are using the exact same server files, the difference being that he has launched the server on his computer. I'm just trying to play the game as an outsider.

7 hours ago, Battery said:

Not sure exactly where to find port 1973. And so on the files that are on my computer (not my brothers) should it also have 127.0.0.1?

You dont need to have files in your PC in order to connect ur brother server, just follow what skeleton told you and open port 1973 in your router.
Also if u going to open web you must open port 80 tho ( router too ).

Edited by FapFap

14 hours ago, Battery said:

it's a network port that you should enable for TCP Protocol Connections

Edited by Sk3let0n

1 hour ago, Sk3let0n said:

it's a network port that you should enable for (TCP:If you're in a VPS,if on a pc and want to run a non hamachi enable UDP protocol too)

Server runs on TCP, you don't have to open UDP ports.

2 hours ago, Wrexor said:

Server runs on TCP, you don't have to open UDP ports.

Wouldn't the connection deny without UDP port open on a local host using the external ip?

Can I make this more simple? I'm just trying to figure out how to play the game as if I were a random person on the internet that wanted to play. 

4 hours ago, Battery said:

Can I make this more simple? I'm just trying to figure out how to play the game as if I were a random person on the internet that wanted to play. 

This is the simplest way anyone could provide,there was a port forwarding tool before but it's only for VPS and it could create exceptions on firewall rules that can lead to your server end,another tip:

To enable TCP connections it should be on your router settings,being using a mobile data or so won't work for it.