Faller

Game Editor - Impassable Area

Hey, PkoDev!

I'm having an issue regard the game editor, basically, these "impassable" dummy items won't work... I still can pass it.

I know that I can use Yammi to define areas that can't be crossed, but, that's really hard to make every object impassable through Yammi, because I can't see them (?) 

The only way I found out at the moment is to get the coordinate of each object and "paint" it on Yammi... Which is really exhausting if you're making something big.

I hope you guys can help me realize this... Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Faller said:

Hey, PkoDev!

I'm having an issue regard the game editor, basically, these "impassable" dummy items won't work... I still can pass it.

I know that I can use Yammi to define areas that can't be crossed, but, that's really hard to make every object impassable through Yammi, because I can't see them (?) 

The only way I found out at the moment is to get the coordinate of each object and "paint" it on Yammi... Which is really exhausting if you're making something big.

I hope you guys can help me realize this... Thanks!

i think this is what experienced map developers do.. they actually plan these blocks and then place objects on them afterwards. got to give them the credits for putting up with this >.<

(correct me if I'm wrong, I do not work much with map creation =P)

• Like 1

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

As far as I remember, if you add an unpassable area with map editor, you'll only change the .obj file (client side). That means that someone could manually edit and make passable the unpassable.

If you set the restriction with yammi, it will be set server sided, so if someone tries to change it, it'll fail.

As Shako said, better to draw it with yammi then add the desired objects with the editor.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iZae said:

As far as I remember, if you add an unpassable area with map editor, you'll only change the .obj file (client side). That means that someone could manually edit and make passable the unpassable.

If you set the restriction with yammi, it will be set server sided, so if someone tries to change it, it'll fail.

As Shako said, better to draw it with yammi then add the desired objects with the editor.

it is the .blk file on the server side.

Edited by Shako
  • Like 1

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

1 hour ago, Shako said:

it is the .blk file on the server side.

yep, i wasn't sure if it was atr or blk.

But, I was right wasn't I? If you only change the .obj players can tweak it right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iZae said:

yep, i wasn't sure if it was atr or blk.

But, I was right wasn't I? If you only change the .obj players can tweak it right?

i think the obj only puts in the objects, the block is not there, it is from the server side. so players cannot tweak a map to pass walls like a wall-hack. :P

Edited by Shako
  • Like 1

logo-big.png   logo.png

Just now, Shako said:

i think the obj only puts in the objects, the block is not there, it is from the server side. so players cannot tweak a map to pass walls like a wall-hack. :P

Client's map editor works client side. So using map editor to set unpassable blocks to a plain map made with yammi, will be wall-hackable unless it's added to blk file.

My question is: if you make a plain map with YAMMI, can you edit it with map editor and then reopen it with yammi to save blk with the unpassable blocks you made with editor's f9?

Many years without touching yammi, or anything about client, so sorry for this dumb question.

• Like 1

"if you make a plain map with YAMMI, can you edit it with map editor and then reopen it with yammi to save blk with the unpassable blocks you made with editor's f9?"

Yes, but you can't use height map generator after client editor.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all these wonderful replies!

I didn't know about this F9 command, it's really useful! I read the "Map Developers Handbook", and I've found many useful commands there! Such as Grid mode, which allows me to see the non cross-able areas I've set through Yammi.

To end this topic, I just have 2 last questions:

@Andrew So basically I can do the whole un-passable objects from Game Editor, open the .map on Yammi, and generate the unpassable areas for the game server? Are there any commands for this? Thanks!

The last one is: Are there any ways of making Yammi work faster? Because after every brush, it takes like 5 seconds to apply it into the map, meantime I can't do anything. And it's NOT my PC! That's something I'm sure of.

There we go, thanks again :D

When you import your .map file there will be already the unpassable areas, just export others extensions you wanna use, client side use .map file to do it.

If you are making a medium/big map it will be slowly to edit. (I don't know if is there a way to do it faster)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

When you import your .map file there will be already the unpassable areas, just export others extensions you wanna use, client side use .map file to do it.

If you are making a medium/big map it will be slowly to edit. (I don't know if is there a way to do it faster)

Thanks a lot! :)

• Like 1

Yammi should have a “HAND” (spacebar + left click) function like Photoshop to scroll canvas since is annoying to scroll using bars.. just a thought :(

Edited by Yosef

signature.jpg

3 hours ago, Yosef said:

Yammi should have a “HAND” (spacebar + left click) function like Photoshop to scroll canvas since is annoying to scroll using bars.. just a thought :(

Mouse right click :)

• Like 1