Hello everybody! 

I believe that i damaged my SQL Server Configuration Manager when i uninstalled the SQL 2k16. 

Just Uninstalled and installed it back because it didnt allowed me to remove sa from Logins. Whatever. 

Now i had to fix new issues. 

First i had This error  "Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permission or the server is unreachable." while i was trying to log on my Server Maneger. 

Fixed it  

Spoiler

This is how : 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>mofcomp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof" 
Microsoft (R) MOF Compiler Version 6.3.9600.16384 
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1997-2006. All rights reserved. 
Parsing MOF file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof 
MOF file has been successfully parsed 
Storing data in the repository… 
Done!

MofComp is a command line utility to compile MOF (Managed Object Format) files and store the data in WMI repository. The MOF Compiler is available in the %Windir%\System32\wbem directory. So if you are getting “‘mofcomp’ is not recognized as an internal or external command then try changing current directory from command prompt to %Windir%\System32\wbem

Also note that in mof file on my machine is under 120 folder. Depends on SQL version installed, you may have it in different folder. The value of that number depends on the version of SQL Server.

Microsoft SQL Server 2014

Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2

Microsoft SQL Server 2008

Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Microsoft SQL server 2016 

So Run Command prompt as Administrator  > mofcomp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof" 

But now i get different error : 

Spoiler

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to DESKTOP-xxxxxx\SQLEXPRESS.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft SQL Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=-1&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

And also my Configuration Manager looks like this . No services at all. 

Btw. Ive also tryed to instal SQL 2k8 or 2k14. Repair, uninstalled and removed all old SQL files, Documents etc, restarting my PC everytime i did those operations.  

Capture.PNG

-Edit - Also tried to Run manualy Services.msc .

Spoiler

You need to start the SQL Server manually. Press

windows + R

type

services.msc

Find the entry that says

SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)

right click and start.

When i start is as Local System account gives me Error 2 : System cannot find the file specified.

Or when i start it as \Wendigo (my computer Admin) i get Error 1069 : The service do not start due a logon failure .

Other chance is to instal a Virtual Machine. But i wonder if i still get the same errors. 

Edited by BugsBunny
Adds30/03 edit

proxy-image (2).jpg

R u using your local computer?

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

2 hours ago, BugsBunny said:

Yes, i do.

you can run it in a virtualized environment for easy reinstall

Edited by Shako

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

3 hours ago, Shako said:

you can run it in a virtualized environment for easy reinstall

Yeah kinda lost my patience with those issues. Im downloading Sql server 2k16 iso right now . Hopes gonna work. 

-Edit-

Downloaded the Sql server 2016 from Microsoft page, and when im runing it on VM it asks me for license key ? 

Ok lets say that i found a key somehwere but now : No images avaiable . 

WTF can i do. Im so tired, 4 days gone and i still not figured out how to fix SQL :( 

2.PNG

Edited by BugsBunny

proxy-image (2).jpg

some wrong configuration or outdated software in your computer O.o @BugsBunny

try a x86 install.

logo-big.png   logo.png

7 hours ago, Shako said:

some wrong configuration or outdated software in your computer O.o @BugsBunny

try a x86 install.

Fixed  

Thanks to Andrew :D 

I was instaling sql 2016 and 2008 server x_x 

Thanks for answers btw !

-closed-

proxy-image (2).jpg