Jap

What was the perfect private server?

Hi guys, jap the map here, I'm just making a topic asking people what was their best played private server. And maybe this thread could lead into a guide on how to make a good server who knows.

Name: Jap

From what year you started playing top: 2008-2009

How was your experience in top: I started playing very young, so the whole game was just a confusing. The only place to lvl i knew was aba mines, me and my friends from irl played this game. Then of course i quited. I came back in like 2014-2015, i started buying low and selling high, in few weeks from 300k i made like 40m. I had a guild just for my country people xd. Then i realized that people could buy 100m, just for 3$-6$... In the ends of top, (before foxlv opened) few of my friends just quited and gave me their whole banks, which like consisted of 200m or smth. They say'd "top will die very soon, trust me" i laughed and didn't believe him....... I didn't really knew much private servers, but i knew they existed. Then i saw a alt spamming to join foxlv, and that's where i quited and joined foxlv, and the journey of private servers started.

What private servers you played: roso, foxlvon, lost paradise online, piratearch, wisdom pirates online, sky pirates online, sunny go online, PKO, rainbow pirates online, world of pirates online, and many more low populated servers.

What you dont like about other servers: Simply because either they were pay to win, or just plainly stupid. Few pay to win are roso, and nowadays PKO. I don't like a server, where the PK is simply just who has better fps, ping. I don't like servers that players run faster then the speed of light. I don't enjoy vanilla pk (pko). Few stupid servers, are the ones that open and then die after 1-4 weeks. I played a lot of those, but GM's are kids who can't really speak good english, and either they don't understand how to develop and good progresive server, or they just want to milk the best out of those servers.

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: Foxlvon, i first joined foxlv, when it was opened for like 1 month. I immediately feel in love with the server, because you needed to work in order to get strong. And that server was 0% pay to win, not like original top. People who played foxlv for longer then 3 months, 99% of them tell that there best played server will be foxlv. The rates were like 5x exp, 2x drop, 10x fairy. The server was had a crafting system, which let you get the best items in the server (uns 95 was the best, but AA and DA bosses had 0,01% of dropping them), so people had to farm a lot of materials to get their deserved items. The pk was also fun, people HAD to pk in chaos argent and DW, to get good items, such as unique gems and chipped and cracked gems. Foxlv had accesories like lvl 44,55,65 rings, belts and handguards. The broken gems +2 could be forged in any equipment. People could farm mall points, such as killing monsters, bosses and chests in mazes, to receive few mall points. That way people would be rich, and there would be no point in malling.

So the server was a not pay to win, progresive, kinda like earn your way to the top, players needed to invest A LOT of times into grinding that DW to get few chipped gems, in order to gem your lvl 3-7 chipped rages. But the main problem was that mallers would not join this server, so it wasn't really well populated. 

The main ofcourse problem why it died, it was because of bad updates, and lack of knowledge of the game from zankza.

here are few photos from foxlv:

bandicam 2015-09-12 21-49-49-746.jpg

bandicam 2015-10-29 18-28-56-333.jpg

bandicam 2016-01-20 20-26-54-551.jpg<- still proud of this lmao

u can copy this and post what was your best played server, you could write not only about 1 server, bu also 2 or more. Looking forward to read all of them :)

Name: 

From what year you started playing top: 

How was your experience in top: 

What private servers you played: 

What you dont like about other servers: 

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: 

Edited by Jap
  • Like 2

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610 - Copy.jpg

Name: In topI-II: HadHod. In private servers: Dihaw or·Lu

From what year you started playing top: It was around 2007-2008

How was your experience in top: I still remember when i though about Fairy coins, saw one on the floor and i said "D*mn, easy money in this game". I started to play ToP solo, then my brother and father joined to the game and created a guild. A lot of people from a lot of countries, nice guys and friendly, it wasn't a PvE or PvP guild, just to chill and talk with friends. We were just the guild who has a lot of Ref gems 'cuz of Treasure gulf salvage which no many knew about. First time i went and play a private server was after being scammed/hacked. When i was trying to find a solution to it, i found ROSO and gave it a try. Played for 1-2weeks and came back to normal ToP. Got bored of ToP when i saw IGG haven't been updating it anymore, it was just events for mallers and sh1t. Then i went to Avacado server which you COULD FORGE EVERYTHING and money wasn't a problem, loved old avacado <3. Got bored of ToP after a while and came back to private servers last year.

What private servers you played: ROSO, Avacado, Foxlv, Sunny Go Online, PKO, Rainbow, Eternal, Modern, ROTO, Eternal and a lot of Willdieinoneweek servers.

What you dont like about other servers: When i try a new Private Server it must be because it has some nice features to give a try and it'll be fun/nice to play for a while. (I don't expect to play the game for more than one year, even 6 months it's a lot.) I don't care if it's a full focused PK server, easy/medium if it has some nice cool sh1t, i'll play. Nowadays it's just the same and most private servers out there even tho they could have a lot more stuff going on. Hope i can see a new server with some nice features and it'll last for a while.

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: It definitely I'll say old Avacado server which it was funny for me. Sadly it close and i found out about ROTO which it something similar but it's Pay2win or you have to grind so much which got me bored, so, Avacado wins.

I don't have old ToP photos sadly :'(.

• Like 2

Name: jP

From what year you started playing top: 2007

How was your experience in top: Very addicting. I experienced everything from this game. From the client before the life skills, from the hex with pink pearl, from the dw bossing events, battlefield, reb, 2nd reb, abba, everything. It was dissapoiting when it became a total P2W and when community sadly became to fade away to toxic. Last 2 years I was out since ToP was basicly cancer.

What private servers you played: Cruzz Online, FoxLv II and SGO

What you dont like about other servers: Crazy rates, no hardwork, plainly pvp, no good management

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: Best experience will always be FoxLV II. Far and beyound any other server out there. Balanced, non-maller and maller friendly, rich in content and surprising awesome GMS at start. Rates were balanced and decent for any player with jobs and family. Life skills had a meaning and were a great part of the game. Gemming was rewardable and upgradable step by step. Site was awesome, mall was awesome, in-game store was awesome, Kamis quests were awesome, server security was awesome, the graphics were top notch. THE FAIRY SYSTEM AWESOME, i got to make this Caps for sure. Sadly it all became into garbage when there was a idiotic update and Zankza became too cocky making changes without any community ask or approve. Till this day, and most likely till this game vanishes, there wont be any like this.

For this, kLab, Kamis and Zankza thanks. Can't say the same about that shitty PKO

Edited by Elektrike
  • Like 2

Name: In topI-II: BkackLinx, Kittye. In private servers: Unk, Cruzcredo Dattey

From what year you started playing top: It was in 2007, Spring Town expansion.

How was your experience in top:I started to play ToP solo, then my friend started play with me too. We did Story Quest oftentimes, leveling peoples with clube etc etc, as I remember my First Char, 'Amkizinha' a Sharpshooter with full Strenght. :rofl:

What private servers you played: World Pirates First Version, Topirata, Red Squird, One Hit etc.

What you dont like about other servers: Balance, Corruption, and servers not showing anything groundbreaking.

ONE THING I DONT LIKE WITH THIS NAB 1-2WEEKS SERVERS IS THAT THEY GIVE OUT GEMS SOO FAST LOL, THEY HAVENT CALCULATED 24HRS, COME TO THINK HOW MANY CA DW DS ALL MAPS LOL.. KEEP IT FUN GIVE PLAYER A REASON TO PLAY KEEP EXCITING..

GEMS SHOULD ME IN A MEDIUM RATE -

EDIT LIFE STORY QUEST- ADD GEMS OR EQUIPMENT OR EVEN ENHANCE GOLD PER QUEST.

MAKE GOLD GREAT- MAKE MONEY AS MAIN CURRENCY LOL (E.G PUT DESIRABLE EQ. OR GEM OBTAINABLE THROUGH MONEY) FOR SHORT MAKE USE OF IT ..

NO "SPEEDY GONZALES" SHITTY THING- LIKE CRUS RUNS FAST BUT SS RANS FASTER  LIKE THE BLINK BLINK BLINK FUCK NAB BORING PK ( I MISS TOP1 CA PK)

FUCK THIS 1HIT SLASH !! FUCKINNG TARD MOVES - I MEAN SLASH DEAL PRETTY HEAVY DAMAGE BUT FCUK YA 1HIT ?? THEN WHY MAKE OTHER CLASS?? DELETE ALL JOB CRUS REMAIN LOL

NO SENSE OF TALKING TO COMMUNITY LIKE WTF 1CRUS  1 SM = EZ BOSS BABY .. WTF BUFF BOSS SO THAT FULL PARTY HUNT NO 2PARTY HUNT -.-

SOO FAR SOO GOOD 

LOOKING FOR A SERVER.

"SOME OLD HABITS DIE HARD" PLAYING TOP/PKO IS ONE HELL OF A GAME BRING THIS TILL DEATHBED LOL

On 1/15/2017 at 5:22 AM, Dihaw said:

Name: In topI-II: HadHod. In private servers: Dihaw or·Lu

From what year you started playing top: It was around 2007-2008

How was your experience in top: I still remember when i though about Fairy coins, saw one on the floor and i said "D*mn, easy money in this game". I started to play ToP solo, then my brother and father joined to the game and created a guild. A lot of people from a lot of countries, nice guys and friendly, it wasn't a PvE or PvP guild, just to chill and talk with friends. We were just the guild who has a lot of Ref gems 'cuz of Treasure gulf salvage which no many knew about. First time i went and play a private server was after being scammed/hacked. When i was trying to find a solution to it, i found ROSO and gave it a try. Played for 1-2weeks and came back to normal ToP. Got bored of ToP when i saw IGG haven't been updating it anymore, it was just events for mallers and sh1t. Then i went to Avacado server which you COULD FORGE EVERYTHING and money wasn't a problem, loved old avacado <3. Got bored of ToP after a while and came back to private servers last year.

What private servers you played: ROSO, Avacado, Foxlv, Sunny Go Online, PKO, Rainbow, Eternal, Modern, ROTO, Eternal and a lot of Willdieinoneweek servers.

What you dont like about other servers: When i try a new Private Server it must be because it has some nice features to give a try and it'll be fun/nice to play for a while. (I don't expect to play the game for more than one year, even 6 months it's a lot.) I don't care if it's a full focused PK server, easy/medium if it has some nice cool sh1t, i'll play. Nowadays it's just the same and most private servers out there even tho they could have a lot more stuff going on. Hope i can see a new server with some nice features and it'll last for a while.

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: It definitely I'll say old Avacado server which it was funny for me. Sadly it close and i found out about ROTO which it something similar but it's Pay2win or you have to grind so much which got me bored, so, Avacado wins.

I don't have old ToP photos sadly :'(.

#willdieinoneweek server made me laugh hahahhaha

• Like 1

Name: Pa?oca on Top I. Pa?oca and ZiKa on Private Servers, and I didn't played Top II very well... 

From what year you started playing top: Since 2008, I guess. But I stopped several times in the path.

How was your experience in top: WellI think the best experience I got with the game was the friends I made. During all those years, I met a lot of nice people, some of them were and some of my friends are still. But other interesting things also happened. My first character was a Voyager, and when I did the second class, I bought all the skills of the sea and I was without Conch Ray, hahaha. I was probably the only Voyager level 55 without Conch Ray. Then I quit.

My life in ToP really began to change when a friend found a community on Orkut (Social Network) and asked me to download everything needed for him because his internet was bad. So while I read the guides, I became interested and decided to try to create as well. At that time I didn't know English (and to be honest, neither play very well), so I couldn't create my server, the GameServer didn't connect. A few days went by and when I tried to open again it worked, until today I have no idea what happened at that time, hahaha. At the same time I also met the "hamachis servers" and started playing private servers.

I created two "famous" server files here in Brazil a few years ago, called Assassins and Eletro Sea. They have nothing too much (just bugs), but they are creative, haha. I didn't know much at the time (neither now :x), and that was when I totally lost contact with ToP. Now, more or less three years out of this life, I'm coming back with some new ideas :D

What private servers you played: Sea King, Mermania Sea, Shining Sea Online, EGPKO, Avacado and Scrotos Server.

What you dont like about other servers: PK based, Kal based, Argent City based, pay to win based, without leveling up, CA based, with a lot of things to do at the same time, the currently balance is a big problem, very easy or very hard, without new maps, GM/ADM players editing items, without quest, a lot of useless features that run away from the original version...and so on. Yes, I'm from old ToP school, but it doesn't mean that I like only hard servers or something like that. I just wanna things to do and to explore. 

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: Shining Sea Online. Today I know how much Shining Sea Online was basic and it had several things that I said I didn't like, but it was there where I learned to play for real. Like how to forge, combine, PK, go to winter2 leveling up, bug boss, bug poss, buy boat, create guild and many other things. It was the server that played the most. I played for almost two years (with little pauses). I had so much fun. I miss the DeadSox guild. (or it was Assassins?)

Shining Sea

7952_350711725056493_122621592_n.jpg

1017268_350711685056497_254333807_n.jpg

1017275_350711688389830_1862698640_n.jpg

Mermania Sea

1011887_350711335056532_1390964182_n.jpg

:1005708_350711245056541_1550833961_n.jpg

1011327_350711285056537_1979517712_n.jpg

Assassins Server 

9386_350711865056479_199456286_n.jpg

936460_350711838389815_993659125_n.jpg

1044022_350711831723149_1968464422_n.jpg

1005913_350711835056482_137953961_n.jpg

• Like 1

“So the problem is not so much to see what nobody has yet seen, as to think what nobody has yet thought concerning that which everybody sees.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer

Name: 
PaperBag

2007-2008

I have played TOP 1 since 2007-2008 and than I also played TOP 2. At the beginning I was "NOOB" as everybody but than I learned how to make some money and I became quite good played. I tried all class, but mainly played as Cruz and Voyager. Nowadays I prefer playing as Magic class, especially as a Voyager. During this time I had lots of breaks and lots of comebacks.

roso, foxlvon, wisdom pirates online, sky pirates online, pirate king online , piratewar online, Bright Sun Online,(eternals online -http://bsopko.blablafree.com/)

I dont like when server is mostly PAY TO WIN, non-ballanced ( magic classes useless as hell), no quests, nothing to do there between mazes, creating 200 account for AFK on minerals/trees, BAD GMs with stupid updates (there should be a POLL and players would vote and if it reach 75+%  it will pass and be added to game) :D 

I have to say, there 2 servers I really missed ->
FoxLvOn (TOP 2 based) was awesome server, there were lots of things to do, different ways how to obtain money, good crafting system, great community, cool gems and mainly great IMPs system. Who played , knows what I am talking about. 
Bright Sun Online was also amazing server (TOP 1 based) I loved it. I played it with my IRL friends and we still remember this and it will be always in our hearts. I played it from 2011-2012 and then it became Eternals Online and in 2013 it was closed. Sacred wars in this server was the most amazing maze I have ever played and I really missed it. 

Name: 
Eliexer Castillo:music:
On the server: ximboliex
Nickname "ximbo" Name "Eliexer" Give birth to "ximboliex"

It was the first mmo I played in my life should know how I felt .. many things for me were wonderful, it was my first step to the world of mmo.

DG pirates, Avacado, UPO, EG, Black Skull, Map PKO, FoxLv(2 hrs), ROSO, EPO, etc...

Balance, Remove argent from the game, Pay2Win, immortal Vip (ROTO, GGPKO) to EPO Difference that can kill Normal Players and VIPs.

DG Pirates, why? For the Memories we were 15 friends in total playing not much for the server itself .. but for the friends with whom he played:rolleyes2:9_9

NOTE:

Always Play as Sharpshooter have already cheated under my name and the PJ were not SS.

xbx3.png

Name: Simon Marshall 

From what year you started playing top: 2007

How was your experience in top: First MMO to play in my life and make many friends that I don't know irl in

What private servers you played: ROSO EPO Shining Sea Mermania Sea DG PKO MythZone PKO EGPKO V1-2 Legendary Pirates Online World of Pirates - Devastation 3-Stars Online / 7Stars Online Rainbow Pirates (TOP is our drugs) UPKO UPO WPO PKO FoxLv (15 min)

What you dont like about other servers: Not everyone but in majority:Management Level:Under Infinite | OP As hell |Mostly everyone can open a PS so this killed TOP | Pay 2 Win |

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: DG-PKO,I played it with my cousin & there we made many friends & the GMs were awesome and were my type and also EGPKO because I met many people there and I had so much fun and finally MythZone which was by MythNetworks who created both DGPKO/MythzonePKO and it was really really fun with many friends I met there,we spent 2 years or so there and we always had fun PK,farming,talking,chatting,laughing & even flaming haha.

EDIT:Servers I played Additionally:Gamez Pirates | Avacado(every single version)

Edited by Sk3let0n

8 hours ago, Sk3let0n said:

What you dont like about other servers: Not everyone but in majority:Management Level:Under Infinite | OP As hell |Mostly everyone can open a PS so this killed TOP | Pay 2 Win |

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: DG-PKO,I played it with my cousin & there we made many friends & the GMs were awesome and were my type and also EGPKO because I met many people there and I had so much fun and finally MythZone which was by MythNetworks who created both DGPKO/MythzonePKO and it was really really fun with many friends I met there,we spent 2 years or so there and we always had fun PK,farming,talking,chatting,laughing & even flaming haha.

Just to let you know: DG Pirates was not only a pay to win server but it was also as you have stated above 'OP As hell'. You can still check their item mall via web archive to find out more about it :) 

3 minutes ago, Sk3let0n said:

@wowo Yes I agree on it's last version which Laboe played but 2008-2012 were not.

I get your point. But then it was something called 'DG ran'.

Name: 
Seba Montagna
On the server: iZae, Zae

2007 maybe

I've played a lot on official ToP but I really had no idea what I was doing. Then I've discovered PS and I had fun for a while playing there. But then I found PS development, and I really dived into it. It was my first experience with something related to programming. And it became my passion with the time. Now I don't care about the game itself, I just use it to have fun scripting. 

FoxLvon (the ancient one), and idk, so many others i can barely remember. The last one I played was @Danny's one. That pk server where players where standing on an island waiting for mazes to open. 

Not enough players, afkers and alts, overpowered item malls.

I'd say FoxLvOn (the one with Kylin set if you started on shaitan). It was so crowded, rates were actually fun, and it was way easier than official ToP and that gave me the chance to try so many things I couldn't have tried if I stick with moliyo's one (such as fairies, forgin, fusing and so on). 

I also remember spendind amazing times on that pk server I mentioned before, because it was strictly a pk server. One maze after another, many players, active and balanced guilds (not 1 guild snowballing everything)

NOTE:

Used to play SM mainly.

Tales of Pirates Official: Lance233 (Lv 65)

I still remember when i found Tales of Pirates on browsing on Google ,i call some friends to play togheter ,first time was hard to learn how to play , but after was funny .. i remember that day when talking on Skype about items for Hexa and to do ..

I dont remember the year when i joined , after 5 years playing official , one of my cousin find first private server and this was DG Pirates , this server was the best server ever playerd , fast starting lvl up and farm money and forge items , after 1 years i dont remember what happen with DG but i remember was closed (idk reason) , after search other server like that and find EGPKO , this was nice , and too , after starting to playing on multiple server like Mermania Sea , and other but i didn't remember the name. 

And after starting Dev on own server but without server host and experience the server die.. and after i come back to TOP 1 and after this game was closed .. 

I missing that day when i played on Tales oficial and DG , was the best experience ever . :)

Before I begin, I literally made an account just to reply this, cause it made me reminisce about the good old days :")

Name: SuperLolz in top1, never played top2 cos i hated it.

From what year you started playing top: 2007 until it moved to top2. A hell long time of playing.

How was your experience in top: It was awesome. Words just cant describe it. It was my first MMO. No other MMO feels the same. its like meeting your first love. I literally cried when they decided to move to TOP2 and when I read about it, i know TOP2 gonna suck ass. Its like Ive been betrayed. For years Ive played this game, I malled, I grinded, I spent my whole childhood and allowance on this game. Then it went downhill. It sucks. I even had already done the second rb. I have alts for all mazes. But whatever happens, TOP still has a special place in my heart.

What private servers you played: only pko

What you dont like about other servers: from what ive heard, the gms sucks and its p2win.

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: pko, since i miss the vanilla feeling of top1. and in my opinion, zankza did a good job maintaining the power difference of higher and lower levels. the old feeling still lingers. i miss all of that. the pk is fun. Im ThetaLaaa for whoever plays that game.

Name : Max

IGN : Falonne, DoubleZero, Sacha

From what year you started playing top: 2007-2008

How was your experience in top: Love this game, first mmorpg i played and it is almost the only one i can play for now, too bad it went down like this.

What private servers you played: Played many server starting from Abysmal Sea, Red Squid, UPO, ROSO, DSO, etc tried out many, and played everywhere it was cool.

What you dont like about  servers: The managment, lack of ad for alot of server, so many server with great potential closed too fast / Also i hate player who got only bad mentality ( lets try to dupe/ hack / etc ). Thats why ToP ps failed for me.

What was the BEST private server you played, and why: Many server i loved, first of all Abysmal sea, first ps i played it was so great to see an server different from Offi, still hard but you could become great, insane pk,etc. Then one of the server i loved the much was King Of Pirates, a server based on Dungeon Sea files and created by Eli if i remember well but i found it like 10 times better than DSO, pk was insane, event too, alot of farming way, always something to do. Badly they did a top 2 version and closed.

Edited by Falonne