Sign in to follow this  
xRazor

Algorithm optimization

Hey!

Most of you might not remember me, i'm one hell of a old-school guy who used to work alot with top private servers back in privatia and serverdev. I'm the dude who made Castle Wars online.

Anyways, i've been away from ToP related stuffs for a while. Been studying computer science. I've got a homework in algorithm optimization. I need to think of an algorithm that can be used in real life situation to solve some kind of a problem and optimize it. I've heard that Molyo was kinda bad in programming so there must be tons of code that can be optimized in the core files. Was wondering if any of you could throw me an idea or code snipet with a description where it is used and why that i could try to optimize? Or just throw me an idea that's not ToP related. For example, an algorithm that is multiplicating two matrix. There are few ways to optimize the original algorithm.

Thank you!

Edited by xRazor

Well, first off moliyo has done a terrible job in writing proper comments in between their scripts (to explain what each thing does), and naming their variables, and not deleting unused ones. :)

@xRazor

• Like 3

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host