Angelix

Making a Server

11 hours ago, Angelix said:

I'll be considering that, maybe more or less, apply a bit more stats according to level and difficulty of gathering the items, if that seems a bit off then apply a secondary effect. Yes, the item creation in files is a bit weird, hahah.

What do you guys think of these? Weapon balancing/editing is a bit harder to think through, hahah.

I suggest you to have a spare colum which does 1-(previous value/current value) , in this way you get the % increase and it's easyer to get an idea of it at-glance.
Seems good anyway.

11 hours ago, Angelix said:

es, the item creation in files is a bit weird, hahah

Could you point the directory of this out ? I searched it for a while then gave up , given my inability to find it.

17 hours ago, Maximilian said:

I suggest you to have a spare colum which does 1-(previous value/current value) , in this way you get the % increase and it's easyer to get an idea of it at-glance.
Seems good anyway.

Could you point the directory of this out ? I searched it for a while then gave up , given my inability to find it.

Thanks, trying my best to see how they fit and will feel in-game, then show it to people in this thread to see their reaction on how I can improve, so far so good. Next I'll start with Cleric and see how that goes.

I meant the creation of items from ItemInfo, I think you're referring to create item function within AttrCalculate. 

@Angelix

Maybe decrease stats on Blade of Torment ( Star of Unity weapon ) in favor of lv55 unsealed?

Current stat table:  ( source )

+5spr +7 con
+5spr +7 str
+5spr +7 agi
+5spr +7 acc
+12 spr
+12 spr +7 con

My suggestion: 

+5spr +3con

+5con +3spr

+9spr +3con

Like what you've done so far, keep it coming! :D

@Angelix also something it came up in my mind.

I would remove the difference between Ami/Phyllis Cleric/SM/Voy gear.

I agree that it is a serious undertaking but in slow pace servers making an Ami is basically mandatory given the potentially huge boost in stat the Hat can give, expecially when Mystic chests are avaliable (Summer and places like it).

4 hours ago, Snre3n said:

@Angelix

Maybe decrease stats on Blade of Torment ( Star of Unity weapon ) in favor of lv55 unsealed?

+5spr +7 con
+5spr +7 str
+5spr +7 agi
+5spr +7 acc
+12 spr
+12 spr +7 con

My suggestion: 

+5spr +3con

+5con +3spr

+9spr +3con

But this dagger is iconic! :(

kong.png

a2.png

@KONG
Why may I ask?
Because of its looks?

Maybe for being the best dagger from lv50 to lv75? ;)
Wouldn't it be time for lv55/65 unsealed dagger to shine, like most other lv55/65 weapons?

I do agree, it's iconic, and there are a few reasons for that too.

12 minutes ago, Snre3n said:

@KONG
Why may I ask?
Because of its looks?

Wouldn't it be time for lv55/65 unsealed dagger to shine, like most other lv55/65 weapons?

PRO:
its arguably the only item that allows noobs to have recognition.

it depends on luck. The joy of opening a star of unity to only reveal a sacred dragon BoT cannot be replicated

the demand for it is high

The one non-unsealed equipment that makes unseals looks pathetic

CON:

As suggested by you, it renders almost all dagger useless.

kong.png

a2.png

14 hours ago, Snre3n said:

@Angelix

+5spr +7 con
+5spr +7 str
+5spr +7 agi
+5spr +7 acc
+12 spr
+12 spr +7 con

My suggestion: 

+5spr +3con

+5con +3spr

+9spr +3con

That weapon can stay as it is, just look at this:

On 12/4/2016 at 10:22 PM, Angelix said:

Capture.PNG

That level 50 weapon can become a substitute until the player gets an unseal (55+), since at most, it just bypasses Spirit by 2 points and Constitution by 1 point, but unseal has the extra HP/SP dynamic, static and recovery stats. I mean, who would want to give up 10% SP for an extra 2 Spirit, or the little extra recovery bonuses? I don't see it much advantage of getting bit more damage than having a larger pool of SP though.

Anyways, take into consideration that weapon can still be viable since it will become harder to obtain level 55/65 unseal dagger, since the probability of getting one becomes less due to more unseals being in the chest. Before there was only weapon/armor on level 65, now  I'm adding boots and gloves as well. For level 55 I'm adding champion's boots and gloves, I think those are the only missing on level 55.

12 hours ago, Maximilian said:

@Angelix also something it came up in my mind.

I would remove the difference between Ami/Phyllis Cleric/SM/Voy gear.

I agree that it is a serious undertaking but in slow pace servers making an Ami is basically mandatory given the potentially huge boost in stat the Hat can give, expecially when Mystic chests are avaliable (Summer and places like it).

The thing is, that's something not doable for me, since some sets are character specific and only contain those textures; animal sets for Ami don't have textures for Phyllis, so it's kinda hard for me.

8 hours ago, Snre3n said:

@KONG
Why may I ask?
Because of its looks?

Yes, the level 50 dagger from chest was a rare and awesome thing on ToP, but looking and modifying unseal, it just becomes a temporary weapon till you can get your hands on the unseal now, unseal becomes a great choice when using gems due to percentage bonuses.

7 hours ago, KONG said:

PRO:
its arguably the only item that allows noobs to have recognition.

it depends on luck. The joy of opening a star of unity to only reveal a sacred dragon BoT cannot be replicated

the demand for it is high

The one non-unsealed equipment that makes unseals looks pathetic

CON:

As suggested by you, it renders almost all dagger useless.

Well modifying unseals just makes that weapon a temporary weapon if you happen to get it now. It's great if you happen to get your hands on it while opening that chest and you're new and above level 50, but when you get a team to farm unseals or enough money to buy it from other players, then an unseal becomes a great choice.

By the way, thank you all for your comments and suggestion, really loving the good feedback here, thanks!

If there are more things I can take into consideration or good improvements on old systems, please let me know as well.

Edited by Angelix
  • Like 1

@Angelix I think there is a quick fix for the textures.

If you check the iteminfo for Skele/inca/eva/enigma, or even unseal the gear item is the same but the respective texture for ami and phyllis is different. I would suggest a 'filler' texture for Hats when it comes to phyllis.

The only thing is that it would be dreadfully boring unless it's possible to make a script to edit all the items of those classes in the iteminfo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maximilian said:

@Angelix I think there is a quick fix for the textures.

If you check the iteminfo for Skele/inca/eva/enigma, or even unseal the gear item is the same but the respective texture for ami and phyllis is different. I would suggest a 'filler' texture for Hats when it comes to phyllis.

The only thing is that it would be dreadfully boring unless it's possible to make a script to edit all the items of those classes in the iteminfo.

That's what I'm doing for completion of unseal sets, gather other gloves/boots from other sets and add them as unseals, haha. The thing is, when wearing a Panda cap for example, when Phyllis wear it, it won't show a Panda hahah. That'll be way off, but I'll consider it, just a long task of finding all caps and add a new texture for it and modify ItemInfo character requirements.

@Angelix i would suppose that there are table editing scripts free floating in the web.

In concept it's really easy,  check for all items if it is a cap and if it is for voy add it to be equipable by phyls and add a placeholder texture.

Like the silly statless caps Official once added.

@KONG@Angelix
Good arguments, from both of you.
I've reconsidered, and I can tell you I did not think this through very well.
I didn't take the rarity of Sage BoT in mind, neither the extra stats.
As you said, BoT will be be a good substitute until lv55/65 dagger, and as rare it is to get the Sage BoT it wont have a huge impact anyway.

• Like 1

Reviving this thread a bit in a search for suggestion and guidance, hahah.

For the unseal, I have a done the following (left being main and right being secondary stat):

• Voyager: Constitution / Spirit
  • Cleric: Spirit / Constitution
  • Seal Master: Constitution / Spirit

That includes weapon, armor, gloves and boots. For the rest of the class I'm a bit doubtful, I kinda want to stick with the two stat equipment, so I was thinking these for the rest of the classes:

• Sharpshooter: Accuracy / Agility
  • Champion: Strength / Constitution
  • Crusader: Strength / Agility

That kinda focuses of their role per class. Sharpshooter and Crusader might not not have the Constitution bonus as before, but the overall boost on defense and physical resistance compensates that I guess, as well as Champion with their lack of Agility of any kinda of equipment will push them more on the look for Agility since equipment gives them the other stats.

Another idea I had was revamping FC/DS/DW, remove unseal 35 equipment, moving 45 to FC, 55 to DS, 65 to B1 on DW and that leaves me with a empty B2 on DW.

What do you guys think of this?

Not sure if been a while since last post, just gonna throw an idea for B2 DW.

What do you think about lv70  Frame, claw, paw stones? Hermes, apollo, Athena and go on. You rarely seen them in a server for an useful way.

Edited by Dihaw

7 hours ago, Dihaw said:

Not sure if been a while since last post, just gonna throw an idea for B2 DW.

What do you think about lv70  Frame, claw, paw stones? Hermes, apollo, Athena and go on. You rarely seen them in a server for an useful way.

I thought of that, but then it would pretty much make level 65 unseal armor equipment (not weapons) useless since they can easily obtain level 70 equipment stones in the next boss.

7 hours ago, Foxseiz said:

I wonder why this is in offtopic. I'll move it to Q&H

It started as a discussion regarding ideas, balancing and whatnot for a server, while other can potentially use this to improve their server as well. There was no specific question regarding help or a request involving scripts and such, that's why I had posted in "off-topic". If you feel this goes here, then thanks for moving! :P

Well in case anyone was wondering about this, here is an update.

Had a bit of struggle working with Excel/CSVed while making unseals and finished. Then I went ahead and modified the experience system to add more levels above 100 in case of any expansion was needed and then went back onto adjusting unseals again with new ones created. A lot of patience was needed since with those two programs was too much problems one after another.

Anyway, I made a Facebook page and posted some information and posted photos of all level 45 unseal equipment there in case anyone was interested in this still.

Edited by Angelix