Sign in to follow this  
nyarum

Secret [Translated from Russian section]

So, a few time ago I had "ingrysty" nickname, now I have nickname Nyarum.
I created a second version of PKO emulator - https://github.com/Nyarum/noterius but it wasn't finished because the development can be a long time without any results, so thereby I got a very good experience and got academic goals. But all this bullshit, go to the main theme.

Secret - I called it "galactic transport" because the project about hiding hard requests to client from server, instead you can use mainstream protocols like (JSON, Protobuf, etc..).

Above description can be not very clear for you but it needed for next things.

1. There is a server, it used like a proxy.
2. It accepts the mainstream protocols on input and you have a documentation about you can send to that.
3. This proxy does the main work with PKO protocol and sends a result to the client. It very similar to the official gate server but does optimization many things.
4. For example that I mean under "optimizations" - packet about moves, by the standard you must send to the client every move with one coordinate, with the Secret you can send one packet where you set coordinates FROM and TO, the Secret will make the other work with separate it to many packets for client.

Goals:
1. Write an emulator in the one face hard, your work always will be about fixing bugs and improvements.
2. You'll get a new style messaging with the client without an undefined protocol and fields.
3. I really hope that it will start a new era with emulators on PKO.

Questions, discussions, suggestions - I'll glad to hear it.

Edited by nyarum
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, LikeAlcohol said:

@nyarum Looks awesome dude, are you working on this again? Also, what made you choose Go as the programming language? Will definitely look into this emulator, good work!

This project isn't emulator but it's part of all emulators like a holy help :D
Go is the really beautiful language for network tools.

Maybe, I'll start work on next emulator with this project but still I don't know.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2016 at 10:00 AM, nyarum said:

This project isn't emulator but it's part of all emulators like a holy help :D
Go is the really beautiful language for network tools.

Maybe, I'll start work on next emulator with this project but still I don't know.

Haha yes, I get what you mean!

Haven't really looked into Go get myself, might look at it.

You should definitely do that, with the community helping to contribute to the github repo too maybe?

I'm sure some people would want to help?

2 hours ago, LikeAlcohol said:

Haha yes, I get what you mean!

Haven't really looked into Go get myself, might look at it.

You should definitely do that, with the community helping to contribute to the github repo too maybe?

I'm sure some people would want to help?

Of course, people can help via issues or I can give permissions to repo if someone help with that.

4 hours ago, nyarum said:

Of course, people can help via issues or I can give permissions to repo if someone help with that.

Awesome, do you have a list of what needs doing next? Like a todo list?

2 hours ago, LikeAlcohol said:

Awesome, do you have a list of what needs doing next? Like a todo list?

Still not, currently status of the project - it's just the description. As I'll start to develop this I'll give details for you and other people.