Perseus

[1.0.0] topCMS

Just now, Angelix said:

Hahah, sorry about that, I asked though. :P

Will add the update, inform on the result then go to sleep since it's 3AM here. :(

Maybe try adding a "home" button in the initial page where it shows "Tales of Pirates" next to the login/register buttons, could be nice. :P

Will do! Thanks for the feedback. I hope it works!

43 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Will do! Thanks for the feedback. I hope it works!

Well after some (long) time, I got it to work by deleting everything and going through the configuration, again. Now I can login, but when trying to register a new user, I get this:

Capture.PNG

Is something supposed to show up there? Or did I do the Google reCAPTCHA thing wrong? I set a new site there (put 127.0.0.1), or does it have to be an IP address that people can see? Will check posts again tomorrow, I'm off to sleep. Other than that, site seems awesome! Great work.

EDIT: Ran into this when trying to add a news category:

Capture.PNG

Edited by Angelix

14 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Well after some (long) time, I got it to work by deleting everything and going through the configuration, again. Now I can login, but when trying to register a new user, I get this:

Capture.PNG

Is something supposed to show up there? Or did I do the Google reCAPTCHA thing wrong? I set a new site there (put 127.0.0.1), or does it have to be an IP address that people can see? Will check posts again tomorrow, I'm off to sleep. Other than that, site seems awesome! Great work.

EDIT: Ran into this when trying to add a news category:

Capture.PNG

Did you add the recaptcha keys to the .env file? That's the only reason it wouldn't work. 

I'll fix the 2nd thing right now.

Thank you!

I'll be working on a modular template system which will allow you to install custom templates/themes easily without too much of a hassle. If you've got any suggestions for features , let me know!

• Like 1

Will it be fine if every time you do an update I just download the whole folder from GitHub and extract it on my named folder?

16 hours ago, Perseus said:

Thank you!

I'll be working on a modular template system which will allow you to install custom templates/themes easily without too much of a hassle. If you've got any suggestions for features , let me know!

This would be awesome! So we can add a page showing the features of the server.

7 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Will it be fine if every time you do an update I just download the whole folder from GitHub and extract it on my named folder?

This would be awesome! So we can add a page showing the features of the server.

Yeah it's perfectly fine if you do that. 

1 minute ago, Angelix said:

Al right, thanks!

Sorry to bother, still getting an error though. :(

Capture.PNG

Ahhh I made a small error in the push. I fixed it. You can download just the app/http/controllers/SiteController.php file. 

9 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Ahhh I made a small error in the push. I fixed it. You can download just the app/http/controllers/SiteController.php file. 

Well, now everything seems fine, thanks! :P

If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

You should add a way to add categories after in case we decide to add one later on, same for authors. :)

Capture.PNG

Edited by Angelix

Just now, Perseus said:

Great to know. Thank you!

An update: You should add a way to add categories after in case we decide to add one later on, same for authors. :)

Just now, Angelix said:

An update: You should add a way to add categories after in case we decide to add one later on, same for authors. :)

What d'you mean? That's already there, isn't it? Sorry, I didn't get you >_<

2 minutes ago, Perseus said:

What d'you mean? That's already there, isn't it? Sorry, I didn't get you >_<

Yes, you can only create author/categories the first time (when you haven't defined them). Lets say you add an author and a category, then go ahead to add a news and see it at the home page, then you forgot to add the other administrator or another category, you can't. Or at least I can't find the link/button. :( (

3 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Yes, you can only create author/categories the first time (when you haven't defined them). Lets say you add an author and a category, then go ahead to add a news and see it at the home page, then you forgot to add the other administrator or another category, you can't. Or at least I can't find the link/button. :( (

Ohh. Right. I'll add a link to the sidebar for that.

EDIT:

Added and pushed it.

Edited by Perseus

17 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Ohh. Right. I'll add a link to the sidebar for that.

Thanks! Simple and useful site, not too overloaded with many images and that's perfect for me. <3

Saw the edit you made, now I did this. :P

Capture.PNG

Edited by Angelix

1 hour ago, Angelix said:

Thanks! Simple and useful site, not too overloaded with many images and that's perfect for me. <3

Saw the edit you made, now I did this. :P

Capture.PNG

I'll do the same and update the site.

10 minutes ago, Perseus said:

I'll do the same and update the site.

Al right, looking forward to that. Sorry for being such a spammer, kinda like a kid with a new toy here, I found another error.

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Al right, looking forward to that. Sorry for being such a spammer, kinda like a kid with a new toy here, I found another error.

Capture.PNG

I forgot to make the delete download function :scare3:

Give me 5 minutes and i'll fix it.

And please, I appreciate you testing all this. It's good for everyone. 

EDIT:

Fixed! I've pushed the update.

Edited by Perseus

22 minutes ago, Perseus said:

I forgot to make the delete download function :scare3:

Give me 5 minutes and i'll fix it.

And please, I appreciate you testing all this. It's good for everyone. 

Tested and working! Can you add like a tag to the news/download section? Like if I make a category called "Update" on news and then add an entry called "Change Log", the entry just shows up like "Change Log". Can you add so it shows like "[Update] Change Log" so it would be different for each category, same goes for downloads. Thanks!

Just now, Angelix said:

Tested and working! Can you add like a tag to the news/download section? Like if I make a category called "Update" on news and then add an entry called "Change Log", the entry just shows up like "Change Log". Can you add so it shows like "[Update] Change Log" so it would be different for each category, same goes for downloads. Thanks!

Yeah I was planning on doing that. Just looking for decent icon/designs so that it looks good.

2 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Yeah I was planning on doing that. Just looking for decent icon/designs so that it looks good.

Thanks, looking forward for that. Right now the statistics are static values, same goes for the online staff, right?

2 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Thanks, looking forward for that. Right now the statistics are static values, same goes for the online staff, right?

Yeah. I'm working on the ranking right now. I'll get to those once I'm finished.

For any PHP Developers experienced with laravel : If you'd like to contribute to the site, hit me up and I'll add you as a collaborator to the repository.

Edited by Perseus

32 minutes ago, Angelix said:

I forgot to ask, did the captcha start working?

37 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Yeah. I'm working on the ranking right now. I'll get to those once I'm finished.

For any PHP Developers experienced with laravel : If you'd like to contribute to the site, hit me up and I'll add you as a collaborator to the repository.

Awesome to hear that, will wait for the ranking page. What will it include? The usual ones (level, gold and guild) or will contain others?

8 minutes ago, Perseus said:

I forgot to ask, did the captcha start working?

Yes, at first I didn't know why it wasn't working. I had the public and private keys from Google placed right, I honestly don't know how it happened, but it works now. I just remember replacing all the files after each update you did and a few hours ago I deleted all my entries on the reCAPTCHA page and made a new one, placed it on configuration file and it works, was able to register a new account and it shows on the database.